Poll: Should Microsoft's games be exclusive to Xbox?

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I think new Microsoft games and games that have traditionally been exclusive should stay exclusive to Xbox console. IPs that are on other consoles and then bought by Microsoft should remain on any consoles they were on before.

Reactions: GraniteStateColin

K Shan

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Xbox should not be the only console without exclusives. If they trade exclusives or something like that, then that's fine. If they start putting their exclusives onto competitors' platforms and get nothing in return for Xbox, then I'm not going to be investing in the Xbox ecosystem anymore since they aren't.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Recent rumors and reports have sparked debate about Xbox exclusive games. We want to know what you think the company should add its games to other consoles or maintain Xbox exclusivity.

Poll: Should Microsoft's games be exclusive to Xbox? : Read more
I voted yes. Every Xbox game should be multiplatform.

Because Xbox users do not buy games. Hi-Fi Rush was ranked 207th or something (according to Circana.)

But of course, the die hard Xbox fanboys would never admit that going multiplatform would be the best thing for Xbox.

K Shan

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Because Xbox users do not buy games. Hi-Fi Rush was ranked 207th or something (according to Circana.)

But of course, the die hard Xbox fanboys would never admit that going multiplatform would be the best thing for Xbox.
Lol. And windows phone apps coming to Android and iPhone was the best thing for Windows Phones?

You're also confusing install base with percent. Xbox users have a larger average library size than any other platform. Nobody buys an Xbox for just one game, like Nintendo and PlayStation.

TBBudak

May 27, 2023
Visit site
Lol. And windows phone apps coming to Android and iPhone was the best thing for Windows Phones?

You're also confusing install base with percent. Xbox users have a larger average library size than any other platform. Nobody buys an Xbox for just one game, like Nintendo and PlayStation.
Microsoft is going third party and you're still arguing this. Don't make me laugh. Not difficult to have a large library size when you can subscribe to a subscription and install the 300 games lol.

nibblo

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I voted for the "some" games option. I don't really care about ABK games as long as they are in GP and the same for service games but I do think Bethesda and the other studios should be exclusive. It doesn't make sense to make too many games 3rd party as it makes the console redundant, why get an Xbox if you can just get a PS and play all their exclusives too? Unless PS is doing the same thing it doesn't make any sense. Would never go to PS anyway if that happened just go to PC as they will be getting most PS exclusives as well. Anyway none of us really knows what will happen until next week but my guess is a lot of this is just over blown FUD.

The Eightiez

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
not that anyone up in Xbox would listen: Yes Xbox NEEDS exclusives. something that started to go away since phil spencer started porting games to pc. the ogX & X360 is the way to go. unfortunately this isn't the only problem why fans are leaving and getting fed up. ESG funding is ruining gaming as an art form. many gamers are only playing eastern games and remasters only. unfortunately, politics have infected and surrounded itself in western "bland" games. as history has proven cycles pass and so to will subpar ESG influenced games.

Cmndr_Bytes

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
I think just like the other game company's do, MS should have some exclusive titles. I also think maybe some should start out exclusive and then maybe be released to other platforms after maybe a year.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
not that anyone up in Xbox would listen: Yes Xbox NEEDS exclusives. something that started to go away since phil spencer started porting games to pc. the ogX & X360 is the way to go. unfortunately this isn't the only problem why fans are leaving and getting fed up. ESG funding is ruining gaming as an art form. many gamers are only playing eastern games and remasters only. unfortunately, politics have infected and surrounded itself in western "bland" games. as history has proven cycles pass and so to will subpar ESG influenced games.

Not from MS, but Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely not bland.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Clearly, having the software go multiplatform is not good for Xbox. It may or may not work out for Microsoft as a game studio. Arguments could be made that Microsoft would make more money on the games if they were available on other platforms. The counter argument to that is that they make more money on GamePass, and if they lose the players from their own hardware to Sony and/or Nintendo, those players will no longer be GamePass customers, so they could hurt even their software revenue.

But regardless of effect on software sales, obviously Xbox sales will be worse without the exclusives to bolster them.

The ONLY strategy I can see that has a chance at helping Xbox sales by going multi-platform is with long delays (timed exclusives). Then, MS could get players on other systems interested in its franchises (as they gain access to them eventually), and hope to lure them eventually over to the Xbox ecosystem for faster access to the new entrants in those franchises. Big fans who don't want to wait 1 or 2 years for access to a franchise's new release MIGHT move to Xbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria