Different start screen UI shown in WP on Xiaomi Device

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is interesting and if it is true opens up a whole new arena of questions:
1) is this an OEM only option?
2) is this Xiaomi's custom skin?
3) does this mean we can flash custom roms?
4) if neither the above is it a option similar to the show more tiles toggle?
5) how optimised is it for low end hardware?
6) can the individual sections be enabled / disabled or added to?
7) has the function for the app arrow been remapped?
8) does the user have the ability to move from either predefined list or slider to move certain tray icons (since the Wi Fi logo is far to the right)?

etc. etc.

Time will tell if these are genuine or not.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Either Microsoft open source it for Phone Company to develop custom UI for their phone (like android... sigh...), let all Phone Company to create custom UI for their own phone, so it look alike on their same phone (like HTC One (M8) for Windows and Android, making them both looks similar in all way).

Or this is 100000000000000000% fake

it looks like a android custom ROM for me, why? 3x3 tile has lyrics running, interactive button. through, i hope interactive tile and dynamic tiles (for running lyrics when song is running) are featured in Windows Phone...

Last edited:

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I won't deny it is interesting. Sometimes scrolling down down down for an app gets annoying. This would be like adding "Additional desktops" (something I read Win10 will have) and it's interesting... But even if it keeps the ability to let you scroll down on every page, it loses that "Windows Phone feeling" and turns the OS into some sort of "Android/iPhone customization"

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
More pics of whatever it is here:
Check out images of the Xiaomi Mi 4 running Windows

I'm not really digging the icons within the tiles and some other minor things but overall it looks really slick. The idea of a Start screen as a pivot with multiple screens is intriguing. I wish MS would've implemented something creative like that instead of just giving in to the "make it more like Android/iOS" crowd and dumbing down W10.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It's fake or a launcher. Look at the font. I think is Helvetica (Microsoft will never abandon Segoe). Also, look at the "Game" app (where's the S?). On Windows 10, will be "Xbox app". Also, Xbox will always be green...

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's fake or a launcher. Look at the font. I think is Helvetica (Microsoft will never abandon Segoe). Also, look at the "Game" app (where's the S?). On Windows 10, will be "Xbox app". Also, Xbox will always be green...

maybe it will be like Nokia X's OS, able to select the color you wanted for the tile?
I bet it is a launcher for MIUI (Xiao Mi's androids UI), since the font is same as iphone, which also same as MIUI (Xiao Mi is a copycat)

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The more days that pass with no other mentions of this, the more skeptical I am that this is real, how unfortunate..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon