What phone has all the features I desire?

hows mydragon

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
features i looks for in a smart phone

i insist to have these features in my next smart phone

• good 3 days battery

• radio

• 5", 490 ppi screen, protected with sapphire display

• simple, multi-tasked GUI ( symbian like)

• 20 MP camera

• expandable memory

• UTG - USB on the Go

• secure OS

• IP6 protection

• USB/ solar charging

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: features i looks for in a smart phone

i insist to have these features in my next smart phone

• good 3 days battery

• radio

• 5", 490 ppi screen, protected with sapphire display

• simple, multi-tasked GUI ( symbian like)

• 20 MP camera

• expandable memory

• UTG - USB on the Go

• secure OS

• IP6 protection

• USB/ solar charging

Hey, there, welcome to Windows Central!

Those are some interesting features you're looking for. I guess the SMS and call features are already a given. :angel:

You may find this video interesting: Nokia Morph - it's a concept phone conceptualized several years back, and looks like we're still far from it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

There's an old axiom in racing that goes: How fast do you want to go? = How much do you want to spend?

I'm sure your wish list can be achieved, but how expensive would that device be and how big would it have to be?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

5", 490 ppi screen, protected with sapphire display
Hmmm...this might be the first 2135 x 1201 screen in the industry. That's what it takes to get 490 ppi on a 5" 16:9 screen. Now, if you're willing to see the display grow to 6", you can use the standard 2560 x 1440 resolution, or you can shrink it to 4.5" and use a 1920 x 1080.

Why is 490 ppi a good thing? If 300 ppi is about the limit of most people's eyesight, why should we exceed it by 60%? What value do we as users get and at what cost? I ask because you also want a much longer battery life. Where is the compromise for the laws of physics or engineering and manufacturing capabilities? Features, size, weight, battery life?

ermeru

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Hmmm...this might be the first 2135 x 1201 screen in the industry. That's what it takes to get 490 ppi on a 5" 16:9 screen. Now, if you're willing to see the display grow to 6", you can use the standard 2560 x 1440 resolution, or you can shrink it to 4.5" and use a 1920 x 1080.

Why is 490 ppi a good thing? If 300 ppi is about the limit of most people's eyesight, why should we exceed it by 60%? What value do we as users get and at what cost? I ask because you also want a much longer battery life. Where is the compromise for the laws of physics or engineering and manufacturing capabilities? Features, size, weight, battery life?

"Why is 490 ppi a good thing? If 300 ppi is about the limit of most people's eyesight, why should we exceed it by 60%?" Hahah best reply in the world

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

you can insist all you want, but it doesn't mean it exists.

3 day battery? Doable if you shell out for an extended battery or battery case.

Radio? On some phones, sk theyre out there.

5" display? Yup.
490 ppi? Well... I think they exist.
Sapphire? Is that even on a consumer product?
etc. etc.

Well most of those are in phones, but I highly doubt there's a phone that ticks all those boxes.
Either you get the Delorean revved up or you gotten dial those expectations down!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What's the fun in any superphone that will be yesterdays news the minute you touch the box.

My solution along with many other users is more than one phone.
We all change phones like we change ball caps.

Everything fades with time especially tech.
This is a game that will never have a winner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon