Lumia 925 and W10P TP

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I gave installing it another shot and found myself more successful this time (like it could actually access my Cell network and all that okay)... but I still want to hold out since certain parts of the build were just REALLY buggy.

Including but not limited to:

-The camera not displaying correctly in the native camera app.
-Certain menus "whiting out" when I'm trying to change/mess with options.
-Some menus having no workable landscape/portrait modes.
-The outlook client randomly adding some mysterious email account that's a bizarre string of letters, numbers and characters.
-Scrolling being very inconsistent. Sometimes its smooth, sometimes it's like trying to move syrup, sometimes it'll just suddenly jerk to a stop mid scroll.
-Certain app functions not wanting to work at all even if the app loads.
-Accessing the store seems to be impossible at times?
-General sluggishness in opening apps or just using basic OS functions.

Basically, its enough to confirm that the Technical Preview isn't something you want to be using on a daily basis, at least for the Lumia 925. I imagine since its older hardware, Microsoft has to do a lot of wibbly wobbly configuration to make sure it works well enough to at least be stable, but for the moment, I just can't find enough reason to keep using it at this point in time on a phone that's my daily driver.

But perhaps such things will change as more builds come out. One can hope at leas :V

Ole Benji

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I gave installing it another shot and found myself more successful this time (like it could actually access my Cell network and all that okay)... but I still want to hold out since certain parts of the build were just REALLY buggy.

-The outlook client randomly adding some mysterious email account that's a bizarre string of letters, numbers and characters.
-Scrolling being very inconsistent. Sometimes its smooth, sometimes it's like trying to move syrup, sometimes it'll just suddenly jerk to a stop mid scroll.

Basically, its enough to confirm that the Technical Preview isn't something you want to be using on a daily basis, at least for the Lumia 925. I imagine since its older hardware, Microsoft has to do a lot of wibbly wobbly configuration to make sure it works well enough to at least be stable, but for the moment, I just can't find enough reason to keep using it at this point in time on a phone that's my daily driver.

But perhaps such things will change as more builds come out. One can hope at leas :V
I've experienced literally all the bugs you listed there. I stayed on the W10P TP for like a hour or two & then went back to 8.1 immediately. Seriously can't wait for a stable build or the final release.

James Maliki

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I experienced this all but when I did a hard reset and started using it from a "Fresh" backup, most if not all of the bugs you mentioned were remedied. It's quite nice to use after the hard reset.

Samm Neiland

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I experienced this all but when I did a hard reset and started using it from a "Fresh" backup, most if not all of the bugs you mentioned were remedied. It's quite nice to use after the hard reset.

Hmm... that tempts me to try it again then! Might as well since I already have the Windows 8.1 restore downloaded on my computer, what's the harm in giving it another go? :V

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb