How to turn on mobile data in W10 Preview for phones?

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I know of a bug (which might be fixed) where you could not turn off mobile data.

I have the exact opposite situation on my phone (Lumia 1520). I cannot turn on mobile data. The setting to turn on mobile data is there, and I can change it from off to on, but it has no effect. I can only connecto the Internet using Wifi.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this problem?

I think it's rather rare. It's not part of WindowsCentral's list of known bugs.

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you provide more information? What build are you using? The latest build (fast ring) has fixed the data connection issues. You should be able to turn on and off the data connection.

Try to check for updates on your phone.

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
"Update" in the Settings doesn't offer updates and says my phone is using the latest software. I'm in the Fast Ring of the Windows Insider Program.

Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview
OS version: 10.0.12534.59

Location and Language: Germany
Provider: Congstar (Telekom D1 net)

On a sidenote: Can anyone tell me what the latest build actually is?

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
10051 build for phones fixed that issue. If the toggle still isn't working AFTER the update, double check your cellular/sim settings and verify APNs etc

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
In Cellular+SIM I can add an Internet-APN. I know the correct settings, but nothing happens when I enter the data. I also can't find a list of added APNs.

Does anyone know where I can manage my APNs?

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I successfully got a mobile internet connection after changing my phones language to English (United States) (not sure if this is related) and re-trying to add APN. Not I got mobile data and the button says "Edit APN".

I still like to know where I can see whether I have build 10051. My OS version says 10.0.12534.59.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes