LUMIA 520 isn't updating to W10

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded the windows insider, login, then selected the Slow update option, its said rebooting your phone (5,4,3,2,..1) then it restarts my phone. Then nothing happens.
It just restarts my phone.
What to do?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe below article can help.
How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central

But did you check for phone updates yet or go in the insider app again?

But apart from above you do realize what you are going to do.
It may be buggy and you could encounter all kind of problems. And did you already download and install the Windows Software Recovery Tool and checked if you can use it to roll back?

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Maybe below article can help.
How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Central

But did you check for phone updates yet or go in the insider app again?

But apart from above you do realize what you are going to do.
It may be buggy and you could encounter all kind of problems. And did you already download and install the Windows Software Recovery Tool and checked if you can use it to roll back?

Yes I have downloaded the Lumia recovery tool v5.0.7
Yes i did check the phone update, but it says"phone is up to date".

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Select fast update. But it doesn't work well on Lumia 520, I downgraded to 8.1 within an hour after playing with preview. Build doesn't have much new except enhanced notification center, people app. The settings is still the same. Better wait for proper official release.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Select fast update. But it doesn't work well on Lumia 520, I downgraded to 8.1 within an hour after playing with preview. Build doesn't have much new except enhanced notification center, people app. The settings is still the same. Better wait for proper official release.

Yea it worked, but now after reading your feedback, I'm thinking to wait for few more time.
By the way if I go for It, will I'm going to loose all the apps on phone n SD card?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Kind of yes, if you install W10 you will not loose your apps. But it is recommended to do a hard reset if it is very buggy and then you loose your apps if you did not make a backup. Furthermore you will loose then if you roll back to 8.1.

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Kind of yes, if you install W10 you will not loose your apps. But it is recommended to do a hard reset if it is very buggy and then you loose your apps if you did not make a backup. Furthermore you will loose then if you roll back to 8.1.

I went for the update and scroll back to w8.1 in just one hr. It's was nice but buggy. But when I scrolled back. Nokia/lumia recovery tool scrolled me to cyan update instead of denim update. Did same happed with u too.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes i also went back to CYAN and had to update over the air back to DENIM.
Also do not know whey the LSRT did not bring me back to DENIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon