Audio quality

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I've not jumped into the Windows 10 for phones preview, primarily because I only have one windows Phone (my primary handset) and can't afford to brick it with experimental software, but I am very curious to hear about how W10 is shaping up on mobiles.

Specifically, could anyone comment on the sound quality of music and video playback in W10? Have the developers built in an equaliser and Dolby system?

It's been one of the things that I've felt has been quite poor through Windows Phone 7, 8 and 8.1 when compared to Apple and HTC phones. I'm basing this on my having an HTC7 Trophy, Lumia 800 and Lumia 1520 over the past 4 years.

In fairness, it did improve somewhat with the equaliser that came out as part of the 8.1 update, but frankly it's buried too deeply in the settings to be useful. I don't really want to go rooting around in my settings every time I change my playlist from classical to rock. Maybe if it was built into the music app that might help.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
WP10's audio settings contain the same equaliser and Dolby switches as WP8.1 GDR2.

It's one of the areas that's been completely untouched so far, so we have no idea how it will end up. There's no new Music app yet either. Perhaps there'll be an update this week for these things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss