Build 10080 - glance gone

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 10080 yesterday and got snagged with the Loading... issue, so I did a hard reset and chose to not restore the backup. I see in downloads that glance was something that downloaded, but if I tap on glance in downloads and then chose view, I'm not taken to it anywhere. I also did another had reset and restored from my last 8.1 backup, but same effect - no glance. it seems that when the last glance update is installed it rips it out of the All Apps, then I have no idea where to interact with the UI to set it up.

I cannot figure out where the glance settings are? Anybody in the same boat or can explain how to access the glance settings?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 10080 yesterday and got snagged with the Loading... issue, so I did a hard reset and chose to not restore the backup. I see in downloads that glance was something that downloaded, but if I tap on glance in downloads and then chose view, I'm not taken to it anywhere. I also did another had reset and restored from my last 8.1 backup, but same effect - no glance. it seems that when the last glance update is installed it rips it out of the All Apps, then I have no idea where to interact with the UI to set it up.

I cannot figure out where the glance settings are? Anybody in the same boat or can explain how to access the glance settings?
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=106e0a97-8b19-42cf-8879-a8ed2598fcbb go to this link

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

glance has always been in the settings, in windows 10 its now located in settings > extra

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have no settings -> extra :-(

When I updated from 10052 to 10080 i also did not have "extra" in settings.
After I did a hard reset still no "extra" in settings but in the app list I saw the "extra settings" in my app list but after a store update glance touch and one more got updated and disappeared also out the app list.
Then I used the WPRT to roll back.
I ended up with Cyan (but my CV was already on Denim).
I updated OTA to Denim.
Installed the Windows Insider on fast ring.
I first got Update 2
After that I got W10 preview with "extra" in the settings.
So it took a while but in the end it worked.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
When I updated from 10052 to 10080 i also did not have "extra" in settings.
After I did a hard reset still no "extra" in settings but in the app list I saw the "extra settings" in my app list but after a store update glance touch and one more got updated and disappeared also out the app list.
Then I used the WPRT to roll back.
I ended up with Cyan (but my CV was already on Denim).
I updated OTA to Denim.
Installed the Windows Insider on fast ring.
I first got Update 2
After that I got W10 preview with "extra" in the settings.
So it took a while but in the end it worked.
Hi Harrie. after getting 2nd update of windows 10 preview have u got 10080 update again? is that a risky process? how long it took?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you call risky but it just took about 45-60 minutes. But i am glad that I did not do it on my daily driver but on my spare phone.
So for my there was no risk because I could not "loose" anything except if my spare phone would have been bricked. But that did not happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon