Anyone installed the 10149 on Lumia 520?

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I installed this 10149 build on a spare Lumia 520 and it works as well as the other Lumia phones!

What I would suggest is a hard reset on WP8.1 and then a hard reset after upgrade on Windows 10 Mobile.
There's no GIF support, so don't expect magical images of cats floating around in your Photos app ;-)

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I would actually recommend this as a daily driver for someone that is technically inclined. I upgraded from build 10136 and had to re-pin two apps, can't access the background task list in settings, and my Quiet Hours quick toggle doesn't work. Other than that, it's been surprisingly smooth and stable in my experience so far.

Michael Daelemans

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have installed w10 on my 520 it is not really faster or slower that w8.1 so no reason to revert back however sometimes I get the feeling it is faster in some places and in other a bit slower.

Several issues i got:
-The first time in tried installing I got the infinite loop from nokia logo to gears icon and back again the bar underneath those icons never filled up a little.With my second try no install problems at all.

some other problems with this built (did not try hard reset )
-original store gives error when I go to 'my apps'
-new store did not want to start until reboot and now it does not want to install some apps but I think I found a possible fix on this forum by just stopping all the download and install those apps back one by one I will see if it works or not,

- Microsoft Edge works as fast/faster then IE but I can not see a loading bar.

-When opening most apps you see a loading screen instead of the splash screen but it is not slower and may be even faster.

-Also the setting apps is slower then on wp8.1 but not to slow.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon