[Help]Going to install build 10166 on L620!

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I need tips n things I should keep in mind. Its my primary phone with 512 MB RAM and only three important things for me is to call, facebook and WhatsApp.. What's your advice friends? Should I do it?

Last edited:

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
If those are the apps you primarily use, no worries. What is usually suggested is
1. Patience - it can take a while to install touch nothing until you see the time and date appear
2. Read! - make sure you have some pages up on your computer describing the process as well as troubleshooting in case of problems.
3. Hard reset/clean install - it is suggested that you perform a hard reset after installation and start fresh. If your phone carries a memory card I would personally suggest saving your content on your pc first then formatting it. After installation, replace your saved content. (except apps saved on your sd. Seems better to reinstall fresh.)
Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Facebook works as good on Windows Mobile 10 as it does on Windows Mobile 8.1, so if you're Happy with it as is, you'll be fine there.

As for What's App, don't use it so cannot speak about it.

Like mentioned above, so a factory reset after the update then start with a fresh device and do not do a restore.

Let us know your thoughts after you've spent some time with it. Using it on my 1520 now.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Alright win10 installed pretty fine..without any problem...now im hard-resetting my phone which hardly takes 3-4 minutes but now my phone is stuck at gear(around 40% progress) since 40 minutes...im lil worried...

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Everything works fine.. Few hiccups here n there... Sometimes a black screen appears for which i have to take my battery out as to restart.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Do another factory reset. Or try to reinstall the w10. I don't think this should be. Do some reading. See if this is a known issue for your phone or you've encountered a bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon