Auto-update or manual?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
When Microsoft updated 8.1 to allow for updates to happen in the background, I thought this was a great idea. So for a while, I allowed my apps to auto update up until I lost Microsoft's really nice Youtube app. Now I didn't like the auto updates so much so I switched back to manual updates.

It seemed more "normal" anyway to see the store tile alert you that there was updates.

What say you? Do you use switch from auto updates to manual or are you good with auto updates?

wp_ss_20150718_0001.jpg

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't really share your experience, but in Windows 10, switching to manual does make sense as there's currently no update history. With all of these core apps being updated, it would be nice to see if/when the apps are updated. Swapping to manual lets me do that, so thanks for the tip there!

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I personally despise automatic updates. Doesn?t matter if they are for Apps of Feature/Security-Updates. I like being notified about new updates so i can decide when i want to update them followed by starting the updated app, testing and looking for new features.

So Windows 10 Home where you presumably can?t delay updates any more is a no go for me. And rumor is you can?t uninstall a faulty update anymore. So if it breaks anything, though ****!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes