When is the next W10 mobile preview build due?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
10166 is definitely not the last but I think content wise, it is very close to that, kinda disappointed

Agreed :/
Better than WP8.1 in many ways, but a lot of "little things" that bugged me about WP8.1 are still there. Hopefully they'll do a little more brush-up before final release.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I wonder how often I have seen threads like these in the last few days :eek:rly:
MS has lots to do with the aftermath of the release of Win10 for desktop. Especially with the free upgrade option many people will jump on the Win10 train. And there are enough things to fix for MS in the upcoming months. I just upgraded 4 machines to Win10 this weekend and each of them has some problem: either activation not works, driver issues, windows update error etc.
Just normal they give high priority now to an already released OS. I would expect the next build not earlier than october.

Queen Kong1

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I wonder how often I have seen threads like these in the last few days :eek:rly:
MS has lots to do with the aftermath of the release of Win10 for desktop. Especially with the free upgrade option many people will jump on the Win10 train. And there are enough things to fix for MS in the upcoming months. I just upgraded 4 machines to Win10 this weekend and each of them has some problem: either activation not works, driver issues, windows update error etc.
Just normal they give high priority now to an already released OS. I would expect the next build not earlier than october.

:( I really want it though!! Final build......heaps better than 8. Hire more staff lol

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The next insider build will be much earlier than October. There is a high probability that it is in the next few days.

As with the full non-insider release, it will be in October/November timeframe.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys really like that minimalistic only black or white backgrounds and grays on every single app?

For me this is the most cluttered OS at the time and it doesn't even have too have much of anything to express that word

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm the biggest ****** of Microsoft in my area that it's almost nonsense that I even care about things that really doesn't matter

And I must say objectively I like Windows 10, more than any desktop OS. However when I get to Mobile.. Is this even an upgrade? Where are all those features people were asking for ages? Including a new swipe to left for a new screen

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
If MS doesn't include mobile payment solution, bye bye. On a $100 Android phone, can tap to pay, but a $600 Windows flagship maybe not.. 2.7% will go to zero

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
And while people are crying for "square everything" I'm getting tired of it, I want shapes and guess what there are probably more people who want some new shapes, but people who want something new rather not complain about it because Square fans starts throwing stones at them. This is why Circles win over Squares in an anonymous polls.. Meh

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
And why does every app look different.. Every app has a different hamburger menu, different menu, one has tools on the bottom and another has tools on the top.. Make a choice

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If MS doesn't include mobile payment solution, bye bye. On a $100 Android phone, can tap to pay, but a $600 Windows flagship maybe not.. 2.7% will go to zero

Go into NFC settings on the current WM10 - you will see the Payment solution in there. Tap to pay.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It'll probably come when the one programmer working on it realizes he forgot about it.
"Hmm...Margery I feel like I've forgotten something today."
"Oh I hate that feeling Phillip. Can you remember what it was?"
"Something to do with work. Oh it's nothing important, probably. Let's eat our food, Margery."

In all honesty I think it'll come after Windows 10 dies down a little bit. There's no reason for Microsoft to put even more strain on its servers by releasing a Windows 10 Mobile build. When Windows 10 installs start to slow down after the initial rush, I expect to see a new build of Windows 10 Mobile.
As for its quality, a lot of little things still bug me about Windows 10 Mobile. I'm hoping even if Windows 10 Mobile is nearly feature-complete now, Microsoft has another update right up its sleeve for it right down the road. Another large update before the end of the year after Windows 10 Mobile is officially released would be really nice.

I don't think it's cluttered at all. Far from it. I've been using Android and although I like it a lot it feels way more cluttered than Windows 10 Mobile. I actually got an iPhone 6 user really excited about Windows 10 Mobile by showing him it on my Lumia 520. Hehe.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It'll probably come when the one programmer working on it realizes he forgot about it.
"Hmm...Margery I feel like I've forgotten something today."
"Oh I hate that feeling Phillip. Can you remember what it was?"
"Something to do with work. Oh it's nothing important, probably. Let's eat our food, Margery."

In all honesty I think it'll come after Windows 10 dies down a little bit. There's no reason for Microsoft to put even more strain on its servers by releasing a Windows 10 Mobile build. When Windows 10 installs start to slow down after the initial rush, I expect to see a new build of Windows 10 Mobile.
As for its quality, a lot of little things still bug me about Windows 10 Mobile. I'm hoping even if Windows 10 Mobile is nearly feature-complete now, Microsoft has another update right up its sleeve for it right down the road. Another large update before the end of the year after Windows 10 Mobile is officially released would be really nice.

I don't think it's cluttered at all. Far from it. I've been using Android and although I like it a lot it feels way more cluttered than Windows 10 Mobile. I actually got an iPhone 6 user really excited about Windows 10 Mobile by showing him it on my Lumia 520. Hehe.

Android Lolipop Material design is by no means cluttered, in fact Windows Mobile is too much "uncluttered" having fun with it's one single color.. Yay.. I was expecting Microsoft's evolutionary new approach.. What we got now is just another already seen design that is actually OK for me unlike for many people here who wannabe hates hamburger menus .. However it's just Okay, nothing more nothing less. AT THE TIME.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I think we need new Livestiles, the focus should be on how to improve one and only unique thing about Windows Mobile, why not call them "Windows" in the first place Lol. Livetiles that would expand, show more info, play music, and so on.. There are so many crazy ideas about them, and yeah what happened to those "Exploding Tiles" .. I wish

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
At some point I always wished we'd get a Phone that actually looked more like Desktop Windows, wist a Start button that would open up Tiles when you want. Now that apps are getting desktop powers that would be great. For me.

I'd also get rid of hardware buttons, they prevent the OS to experiment too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes