Can't Download W10 Mobile on 640

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for the Insider program, download the app and tried downloading the preview the 3 times. Everytime my phone restated 8.1 was still there. Is there anther step I'm missing?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Please clarify as to what you're doing after you download the application.
You sign up.
You install Windows Insider.
You select the Ring you want.
You go to Settings.
You go to Updates.
You Check for Updates.
Windows Insider will first bring your phone up to the latest Windows Phone 8.1 software (your phone should already have that).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Once your phone is up to date, you go back to the Windows Insider application. You go back through and choose your Ring again. You go to Settings and go back to Updates, Check for Updates again, and you should get Windows 10 Mobile.

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
whats it like on the 640??

It seems great so far. I haven't noticed any problems yet but I haven't had much time to play around with it. It seems solid; already way better than 8.2. And coming from a WP ****** like me, that's saying a lot. Edge is great too, although I couldn't open my bookmarks. I didn't like the look of the new start screen in the pictures but it's much better "in person."

My only real complaint is the lack of Continuum support. But that's not W10's fault, or even the 640. I wouldn't have bought the phone if I'd known. And as long as I'm getting off topic, I'd really like a SiriusXM app.

lol. Sorry, I haven't slept.

Anyway... the 640 is a great phone and it handles W10 very well. I did sign up for the slow updates though. I don't know how much of a difference that makes but I think it is worth noting.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems great so far. I haven't noticed any problems yet but I haven't had much time to play around with it. It seems solid; already way better than 8.2. And coming from a WP ****** like me, that's saying a lot. Edge is great too, although I couldn't open my bookmarks. I didn't like the look of the new start screen in the pictures but it's much better "in person."

My only real complaint is the lack of Continuum support. But that's not W10's fault, or even the 640. I wouldn't have bought the phone if I'd known. And as long as I'm getting off topic, I'd really like a SiriusXM app.

Anyway... the 640 is a great phone and it handles W10 very well. I did sign up for the slow updates though. I don't know how much of a difference that makes but I think it is worth noting.

can you post some screen shots? :) im thinking of getting a 640 this week thankyou

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Slow Ring means you'll get Insider Preview builds much slower, but that they'll be more stable when you get them. By the time a build reaches Slow Ring, any phone breaking bugs have been ironed out. You'll still have all the little bugs, but you won't have any MAJOR bugs. Fast Ring users get builds as soon as they're ready, but potentially have to deal with greater bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes