Build 10 10512... Read this. Might help you decide :)

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
Here's my report about this build.
I have a Lumia 820 which I updated to windows 10 a few builds a go and rolled back to 8.1 (it wasn't practical for daily use)
Now I decided to give it a go again.
I updated from 8.1, without a hard reset at first. Every thing seemed better but, as usual some apps did not work and the device froze a few times. So I decided to hard reset for a fresh install.
I really think it could be used as a primary device.. However, here are the few issues I didn't find a solution for (yet :smile: )

1- Thumbnails in picture collection do not display. wp_ss_20150815_0001.png
If anyone has a solution for that... Please let me know.
I'm gonna try to delete all the pictures and recopy them again, to see if it works

2- Glance was working after the update but I can't find it after the hard reset. I knew it was an issue in the previous build... But I read that it was resolved in this one... Well, it's not... at least not for me.

3- a few apps are not available anymore. Also after the hard reset. The worked fine before I made a hard reset. The apps that are important for me are:
- TeamViewer (I just read a post above about it... It seems it's not available for windows phone any more)
- Truecaller

Again if you have a workaround... please let me know.

Other than that...It's running smoothly (after the hard reset, that is)

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
1- Thumbnails in picture collection do not display.
Turns out my SD card was the problem... I replaced it with another one... Thumbnails display correctly now

2- Glance was working after the update but I can't find it after the hard reset. I
You could download it from the store. All you have to do is open the following link:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...cran-coup-doiel%2F9wzdncrfj3ds&token=iwMtq4Nn
It should open Glance.
if it doesn't, hold the return button open an other app then return to the store !
Thank you andy-hcn for the tip :)

3- a few apps are not available anymore. Also after the hard reset. The worked fine before I made a hard reset. The apps that are important for me are:
- TeamViewer: Couldn't find it... I'm using PC Remote Pro as an alternative (works pretty well)
- Truecaller: Didn't find an alternative yet

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Except the few issues I mentioned previously, all in all my Lumia 820 was working fine. However, lately... It has been hanging a lot (10 times day). No specific behavior... just hanging for 3 to 5 minutes. I always soft reset to make it work again.
Is this common? or is it just me?

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Except the few issues I mentioned previously, all in all my Lumia 820 was working fine. However, lately... It has been hanging a lot (10 times day). No specific behavior... just hanging for 3 to 5 minutes. I always soft reset to make it work again.
Is this common? or is it just me?

Happens on my One M8 several times a day. It's disappointing becase even on 10166 I never had to power cycle the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes