Locking up constantly

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem on 10512? My Lumia 928 locks up constantly, can't figure out why. Either soft resetting or waiting 5 minutes fixes it, seems to happen more when on a weak wifi connection.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I started to have the same problem a week or so ago. After a few days, I just did a reset and did NOT restore anything. It's been running great since.

I noticed that it happened with weak or disconnected wifi as well. Does yours get really hot too?

unrealreality

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems I'm not the only one. I've been trying to figure out this lockup thing as well. I've narrowed it down to a weak wifi signal. Or when it bounces between wifi disconnections. When I'm in bad areas of my house, or at weak hotspots around town my Lumia 1520 locks up like crazy, even after resets. But if I'm in a stable wifi or just on cell signal it works dreamily.

While this lockup happens, the phone gets crazy hot really fast as well.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I started to have the same problem a week or so ago. After a few days, I just did a reset and did NOT restore anything. It's been running great since.

I noticed that it happened with weak or disconnected wifi as well. Does yours get really hot too?
Maybe that's the key, is to backup and NOT restore. Maybe there's some crap being loaded with the restore that's not optimized or compatible yet. And yes, my phone got super hot.

Rolled back to 8.1 for now, hopeful for the next build

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem.
FYI,
Lumia 820.
Build 10512
Updated from 8.1, did a fresh hard reset, phone worked for a few days than started locking up... a lot. I redid another Hard reset (but with a backup restore), It worked fine for another few days... Now it's locking up again.

I understand this is a preview, nevertheless... It's very frustrating.

If anyone has a solution, please let us know.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes this build is unstable. MS has a lot of work to do this month....

Yes, this build has been extremely disappointing.

Two weeks since last build.

Holiday buying season just around the corner.

I don't expect many people putting W10M under the tree this year.

nblots

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, many issues. This was my 3rd preview build. I unfortunately had to go back to 8.1 after a week or so of frustration on my 928. 8.1 is blazing fast and incredible battery life in comparison. Hope next build fixes much, but I'm likely out of preview builds until final at this point. Loving 8 1 !

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can confirm that is happening to my 640XL when it's on Wifi... Either it's on a weak signal or there's no internet connection on that particular Wifi hotspot... W10M will go into a busy state and doesn't respond to any button or the touch screen.... Will have to wait until something timed out, and then I got my phone back working...

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Same on my Lumia 1020. If I had strong wifi and data signal no issues but when I had weak or no signal it would go into a busy state and I would have,to soft reset to fix. Rolled back to 8.1. I do have to say though the overall wp10 mobile even though was sluggish and froze, I can't wait for final,build, its a really cool OS!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon