Help!!! Text messaging is missing after upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the latest Insider Windows 10 Preview on my 1520 and the ability to send and or receive TEXT MESSAGES is missing. I normally use the native Messaging feature on my device . I went to send a text message and the tile was blank . I looked all over the App List, and Settings and cannot find it.

Also my Battery has been draining rather fast and is unpredictable( this occurred with the last Insider update and continues)

Is anyone else missing the Text Messaging feature after the recent installation( 9/14/2015) update??

Any advice?

I did a Soft Re-set ( as always)

Thanks in advance

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It was removed for me also, even after a hard reset. You can download and install skype messaging beta for the same functionality. I'm not sure if it's Microsoft's way of forcing us to use the new skype messaging app, or a bug.

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Same here on my 920. Hard reset didn't fix it. You could either use Skype Messaging Beta in the mean time or roll back to 8.1 then upgrade to see if it resolves the issue. Too late here for me to roll back.

*Pops sim into Nexus 5 for now*

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU SOO MUCH THE EXTREME & NCBARTSCHI ,, Thank you both. I feel better, but also angry about the unethical method of not giving us an option. You both saved me hours of Re- Setting . I was about to do a Hard Reset and decided to Read my thread for a response.

I've had this 1520 for 2 years and to be honest I am quite tired if this WM 10 Preview Updates.
Don't get me wrong, I love Windows Mobile and appreciate Microsoft providing us this awesome preview, but its getting old. I may as well go back to my ' FLASH *****" days switching ROMs 3 times A day.

They really need to release some High End Devices Soon .. I am so tired of Microsoft that I m going to go with the 1st Windows Mobile 10 Device that has a big Screen ( 950 XL) Though its a s\down grade from my 6 inch 1520.If this doesn't satisfy me fellows I may jump ship after 14 years with Windows

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should have the messaging app. If it was missed out of this build (which would be pretty astonishing), then it would have been mentioned in the "known issues" part of the blog.

I have the latest build on my 1520 and the Messaging app is there and working.

Try resetting to 8.1 and see if it comes back again.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU SOO MUCH THE EXTREME & NCBARTSCHI ,, Thank you both. I feel better, but also angry about the unethical method of not giving us an option. You both saved me hours of Re- Setting . I was about to do a Hard Reset and decided to Read my thread for a response.

I've had this 1520 for 2 years and to be honest I am quite tired if this WM 10 Preview Updates.
Don't get me wrong, I love Windows Mobile and appreciate Microsoft providing us this awesome preview, but its getting old. I may as well go back to my ' FLASH *****" days switching ROMs 3 times A day.

They really need to release some High End Devices Soon .. I am so tired of Microsoft that I m going to go with the 1st Windows Mobile 10 Device that has a big Screen ( 950 XL) Though its a s\down grade from my 6 inch 1520.If this doesn't satisfy me fellows I may jump ship after 14 years with Windows

Mine was missing too, I got it back by just googling windows 10 mobile messaging app download and found a link on the second or third page , it was on wmpu site talking about the app being updated again

Jaydeep Limaye

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated to the latest Insider Windows 10 Preview on my 1520 and the ability to send and or receive TEXT MESSAGES is missing. I normally use the native Messaging feature on my device . I went to send a text message and the tile was blank . I looked all over the App List, and Settings and cannot find it.

Also my Battery has been draining rather fast and is unpredictable( this occurred with the last Insider update and continues)

Is anyone else missing the Text Messaging feature after the recent installation( 9/14/2015) update??

Any advice?

I did a Soft Re-set ( as always)

Thanks in advance

Letest DP for Windows Phone 10 is currently downloading on my phone, so I am yet to discover whether I face the same problem. However, in the mean time see the following page. It contains QR code for Microsoft Messaging App. It may be of your help.

Microsoft Messaging, OneNote, MSN News, Sports, Weather and Money for Windows 10 gets updated - WMPoweruser

CX1

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Super sketchy. If i link something Wincentral adds ad BS to the link microsoft.com/store/apps/microsoft-messaging/9wzdncrfjbq6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes