No Messaging App on 10536???

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
After using the links here on my phone, I manager to download the messaging app.
I hope MS makes it so I can select target device on a PC too... It used to work that way.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Open this link and install. I had the same issue. So bad of MS not to include the beta if they are wiping out the stock one.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/messaging-skype-beta/9wzdncrdtbtq

Looks like as of late, it appears they can't kick that habit lol.

Thanks for the links guys, makes people lives easier and I'm pretty certain I'm going to need them too as bad luck always seems to follow me around like a stalking thunderstorm. :grincry: as decided to update to new builds and if it get's stuck not too fussed fixed it last time around using the bootloader loop.

Edit: Well what do you know, phone updated without a hiccup and it did not even ran remotely as hot as it when I installed a build previously. It did as reported take awhile just around hour, most probably I moved all the data off and a hard reset before updating (not before I did a back up via settings).

wp_ss_20150916_0001.png

Also can confirm I have the messaging app, the late update is due to the fact I left the phone alone for an hour - Update started at 6.30am or so, finished around 7:32am or thereabouts. Tried to navigate, but it was choppy so I just left it and now it is buttery smooth with the random ghost tap.

Last edited:

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks like as of late, it appears they can't kick that habit lol.

Thanks for the links guys, makes people lives easier and I'm pretty certain I'm going to need them too as bad luck always seems to follow me around like a stalking thunderstorm. :grincry: as decided to update to new builds and if it get's stuck not too fussed fixed it last time around using the bootloader loop.

Edit: Well what do you know, phone updated without a hiccup and it did not even ran remotely as hot as it when I installed a build previously. It did as reported take awhile just around hour, most probably I moved all the data off and a hard reset before updating (not before I did a back up via settings).

View attachment 112232

Also can confirm I have the messaging app, the late update is due to the fact I left the phone alone for an hour - Update started at 6.30am or so, finished around 7:32am or thereabouts. Tried to navigate, but it was choppy so I just left it and now it is buttery smooth with the random ghost tap.

Random ghost tapping is 1520 broken screen thing you may want to take it to Nokia/microsoft care.

You may find the app disappears after hard reset

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me after doing a hard reset.

Super inconvenient. I couldn't text my girlfriend for quite sometime because of this miss.

I don't understand why they would remove a critical component of a phone. I'm quite sure it is because of Messaging Skype Preview.

What's worse I couldn't find the Microsoft Messaging or Messaging Skype Preview in the Store.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Random ghost tapping is 1520 broken screen thing you may want to take it to Nokia/microsoft care.

I don't have a 1520, which is clearly evident from the screenshot! :winktongue:

Also
In addition, Aul said that a bug that caused the Messaging feature in Windows 10 Mobile to go missing has now been fixed as well:

"We have root caused the issue causing people to lose Messaging on Reset. Won't happen with new installs now, after service-side fix."

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-build-10536-language-packs-and-keyboards-can-be-downloaded

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I had it at some points I set my sensitivity from high to normal. I think High sensitivity works by allowing the electrostatic field to be disrupted easier that's why it works with gloves. Your own fingers can have a static charge that can set it off even if not touching it.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link pal. Hope it works for me. I was missing the default messaging app as well, and I was going crazy. I hard reset the phone 4 times now. Hopefully the link works for me as well. MS should have included this in their build. I did not realized that app was missing until I was installing whatsapp which sends a text message for authentication.

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the 640. I did a hard reset uploading Win 10 to the latest version. Even after reading all of the suggestions and links from everyone, I could not get or find the messaging app. Stinks... I had to go back to 8.1 for me. P.s. I did a hard refresh reset 3 times thinking something was wrong. Be cautious...

ImaMess

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Just found link

Me too. The messaging app disappeared!!! I been going crazy...none of the texting apps work. Help!!!!!
Found link on previous page. That's what I get for starting backwards. Thank you!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo