Why can't I install apps on Windows 10 mobile?

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can't install apps on Windows 10 mobile

So whenever I try to install or update some apps it always gives me an error. Usually the error code is 0x80070006. OneNote is one such app and I tried unistalling and reinstalling but it didn't work. Now I don't even have OneNote. Can someone help me?

anuragupta

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't install apps on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Kavindu... I was facing similar issue recently with my 950XL and after reading some posts I came to know that this error only happens if your App/Game is installed on SD Card of your phone. After moving the app from "SD Card" to "This Device" (Windows 10- Under "Storage" --> Select "SD Card" --> Select "Apps & Games" --> Select App/Game --> Select Move option) and retry downloading app/game and it should install fine.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This needs to be fixed. Most w10m phones a very limited room for apps. Isn't the whole idea of an SD Card is to install apps and everything else on it? With the apps I am forced to store on my phone, it is leaving me very little space. I only have 2.5 GB out of 7.28 of storage on my phone, while my SD Card has 25GB out of 60.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This needs to be fixed. Most w10m phones a very limited room for apps. Isn't the whole idea of an SD Card is to install apps and everything else on it? With the apps I am forced to store on my phone, it is leaving me very little space. I only have 2.5 GB out of 7.28 of storage on my phone, while my SD Card has 25GB out of 60.

Ask to developers, not MS

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It started when I installed 14295., so it is an OS issue, not a an app developer issue.

Developers (MS included) choose memory location: we got different apps in different storage, like most of users. Some big apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger etc. needs Device installation for working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers