FB Messenger can't access Photos App on W10m tech preview build 10536

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem.. is this really normal? cause I've tried installing the build 10536 tech preview of W10m and everything works great. Except for facebook messenger and some other chat apps. So here how it goes. I opened Messenger and when i try to attach pics from messenger and when i click that small little button to select pics from photos app. The photos app won't load it would just say "loading" and after 3 seconds it will go back to messenger. Is this a problem with the build? or a problem with the photos app on W10m?? can anyone answer me? :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the build, but we should also keep in mind that not all apps are optimized for w10 so it might be a 50/50 thing. Btw after every upgrade it's usually a good idea to hard reset the device without restoring a backup and then just loading the apps you use the most individually :) I'm not saying that will solve your issue but it might..

One thing just popped into my head.. open the photos app, let it refresh, leave it hanging and open the messenger app, then try to select a picture

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here it worked on earlier build so it's just a issue with the build and the app probably needs to be updated for windows 10. For now I just use the browser to upload pics in Facebook chat

Last edited:

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the build, but we should also keep in mind that not all apps are optimized for w10 so it might be a 50/50 thing. Btw after every upgrade it's usually a good idea to hard reset the device without restoring a backup and then just loading the apps you use the most individually :) I'm not saying that will solve your issue but it might..

One thing just popped into my head.. open the photos app, let it refresh, leave it hanging and open the messenger app, then try to select a picture

I have already hard reset my device after installing windows 10 build 10536.. and i did a clean install from 8.1 :)
seems like i have to wait for another build for this issue to be solved ^_^

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same issue, except sometimes it works. Seems to be 50/50 odds of working.

lucky for you that it works for you. Oh well i wouldn't worry. I have high hopes on Microsoft ^_^
I'll just wait for the next build and i hope this issue will be solved. I dont want to go back to 8.1 , i fell in loved to w10m already even if its still a TP :)

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Many of us feel like this :D but sometimes I do miss the overall speed of 8.1

me too.. i miss the speed of 8.1 :(
but I'm too lazy to rollback to 8.1.. imagine downloading a 1.7gb file of the 8.1 OS.. it will take me like 4 or 5 hours because the internet speed here in Philippines is so slow -_-

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
me too.. i miss the speed of 8.1 :(
but I'm too lazy to rollback to 8.1.. imagine downloading a 1.7gb file of the 8.1 OS.. it will take me like 4 or 5 hours because the internet speed here in Philippines is so slow -_-
Imagine if you let the PC downloading, go make some delicious meal, eat it, and then go for a walk, and when you are home...boom, file has downloaded :-o

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that many apps who need to enter the photos or different files stored on the phone crash when you choose files. Happening not just with messenger, but also skype and lots of photo edit apps.... Seems like a bug, or maybe the apps just don't get along with Win 10 mobile and need an update, or windows needs it, maybe both :)

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that many apps who need to enter the photos or different files stored on the phone crash when you choose files. Happening not just with messenger, but also skype and lots of photo edit apps.... Seems like a bug, or maybe the apps just don't get along with Win 10 mobile and need an update, or windows needs it, maybe both :)

this is what's happening to me right now. Even wechat i cant change my profile pic because it wont load the photos app. Instasquarer also cant load the photos app. Oh God i suddenly have the urge to roll back :'(

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It is well known 536 related bug and already discussed numerous times and to make it even worse there is nothing you can do except trying to share certain photo from the photo app, if app is on sharing list of course...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
this is what's happening to me right now. Even wechat i cant change my profile pic because it wont load the photos app. Instasquarer also cant load the photos app. Oh God i suddenly have the urge to roll back :'(
Meh i guess we'll just have to forget about it for some time, hopefully next build will come up with a fix for this. I won't roll back now, i like the 10 way more, even if it's a bit slow and grumpy :)

It is well known 536 related bug and already discussed numerous times and to make it even worse there is nothing you can do except trying to share certain photo from the photo app, if app is on sharing list of course...
Yes i'm always trying to use other methods, like share from gallery or from explorer directly, things like that, but sometimes you just can't :)

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I finally rolled back to 8.1 guys and I'm happy with my decision, everything works normal now <3
I'm done testing the latest build .. hehe now I'm just going to wait the official final version to be released this month or next month ^_^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon