10-21-2015 07:48 AM
701 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    using it as daily driver, in fact, I am using it as daily driver since previous build...it works for me ...lumia 640 att
    10-16-2015 02:10 AM
    Btw...i am a 1020 user....any ideas of how to put the 10549 build to work?
    10-16-2015 02:11 AM
    So how about sharing that trick with us?
    10-16-2015 02:13 AM
    The biggest issue I and others had with the last build was the stuck on loading that the start screen would frequently get stuck on. That made the last update frustrating as a daily driver. This new update seems to have fixed that issue, so far. I even rebooted my phone several times to see if it had been truly fixed. So far so good. Now, I'm running this on my Lumia 1520, and I forgot to mention, apps seem to load up much faster than before. Some may disagree, but I think Windows 10 Mobile is nearly complete enough for public release. Granted, there will be people who will find things wrong and still call it half-baked, but if MS keeps up their update ritual, we should see regular updates, with major updates that add major features twice a year, I'm thinking. Also keeping in mind, current generation WPs will likely see marginal features added, but much more performance refinement.
    With all that said, I think this version is one that can be used as a daily driver. I would recommend waiting until next week to see if everything still holds up, because bugs could begin to surface. If I find that my phone is still running smoothly by next week this time, you should be good. I will reply an update, if I remember to do so.
    10-16-2015 02:15 AM
    The only two things keeping me away from installing Preview on my (only) phone are battery drain and the fear of bricking it if and when the restore to 8.1 is needed.

I had horrible problems with my late 920. The roll-back process bricked it but in all fairness, it wasn't completely the Recovery Tool's fault - my USB port was busted and it kept losing connection.

Anyway, my 920 is currently alive (cracked after hitting the concrete floor - and no, it didn't make a whole all the way to China) but I just don't have the time to do the upgrades, downgrades, rollbacks etc. Battery life on that phone with Windows 10 is horrible. It wasn't a shining example of a good battery before, to be honest, but with Windows 10 battery drains right before your eyes. I took literally half an hour of figdeting with the phone to drain it completely! WITH CORTANA DISABLED totally.

I currently get full two days of battery life on my 640XL with slightly above moderate use. I'm not about to give that up just yet, and something tells me even with this newest build, Windows 10 drains battery nonetheless... I'll wait a little bit longer until the official release and keep playing with 920.

Btw, is there anyone out there who keeps Cortana disabled, absent (by staying in unsupported region, for example), to tell me how's the battery life?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-16-2015 02:22 AM
    10549 on Lumia 1520. Upgrade was smooth from 8.1. I did a reset and this thing is working like a charm. I haven't had issues with OneDrive and most of the other issues listed here. Battery usage seems to be ok - similar to the previous build. Applications are loading much faster. This build generally feels much faster. Store is faster than ever.

The only issue i have faced is that back button does not respond at times. Other than that, I haven't seen any problems. Using this as a daily driver.
    10-16-2015 02:43 AM
    been using the w10m for a long time on my daily driver, found the last build was awful to use. battery drain (lasted half a day at most), slow and unresponsive. This new build actually gave me the chance to do a full reset which i think its needed, backed out to 8.1, set the phone up as a new device, upgraded, hard reset and restore.
    It was a bit of an effort and time consuming but WOW well worth it. Battery usage is at what i would consider normal, everything seems fast and responsive. No start screen restoring... or lag when initially looking at the phone. If this was the final build i would be happy with it.
    10-16-2015 02:51 AM
    Lumia Camera gets untouched after upgrade, but it is lost again with the full phone facotry settings restore. If you need Lumua camera for 1020 for instance, do NOT reset phone!
    10-16-2015 02:53 AM
    I dont have multitasking problem with 175scaling on l625
    10-16-2015 03:03 AM
    I am on 1020 and used almost 24 hours to set the latest preview up three times. First time I made the mistake of hard reset after the final update - it deleted Lumia Camera. Second time I tried from my recovered 8.1 Denim settings which include over 100 apps. I could never have the start screen resumed, but Cortana opened some of them. Now I am at the third attempt made from scratch with no recovered apps anywhere along the whole update path which takes min. 6 hours. I have my email accounts set, languages loaded and I am looking for an easy way to reload the apps that I need the most. Is there anything better than Reinstaller? Couldn't I push from the store on my laptop the purchase history onto the phone?

My biggest worry right now: Cortana works, but does not speak to me. Or it is as if she was speaking since the text comes up normally when asking for a name, asking her to remind me etc., but the sound isn't coming out. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Other than that, the build appears faster, more reliable and the load and resume times are shorter than in the previous 10536 build. Even Lumia Camera opens approximately as it did in 8.1.
    10-16-2015 03:13 AM
    Rolling back my 1020 to 8.1 after one day. Lumia Camera app finally stays so dng is finally possible but..

performance is woeful. Worse for me than the build I tried a couple of months ago. I even removed all apps prior to the upgrade hoping it would be a bit smoother. If anything is happening in the background there is lag everywhere. This still feels months from completion and I'm more than concerned. My upgrade is due next month and I really am in two minds at the moment. I know the 1020 isn't a beast when it comes to specs, but on Windows Phone this has never been a problem. Everything just seems so hacked together at the moment and there wasn't enough at the press conference to make me think otherwise. UI Inconsistencies and even the design now feels dated and more like a feature phone, it's lost it's spark. Even the 950 press release was very muted.

Going back to my old Nexus4 whilst the 1020 recharges (for its rollback) feels like a breath of fresh air. On lollipop, uns smooth no lag, if I want an app its there in the store, the only thing I hate about the Nexus is the abundance of Google Apps the camera being woeful, and the lack of storage. After being faithful to Windows Phone since day one (with my Samsung Omnia 7) I'm pretty close to jumping ship. The 950 maybe on par or even better than the 1020 camera (which is important to me) but important enough to put up with the OS and eco system? Really don't know at the moment. 8.1 is smooth enough, but has fallen behind a long way. 10 is yet another reset hoping that developers will get on board and I really don't think there is enough or will be enough to convince them here.

Even the (now plentiful) Microsoft Apps are so much better on Android, Outlook is brilliant, and one of the main reasons I loved Windows Phone 7-8 but a Microsoft App'd up Xperia (or similar) feels like a better option for me at the moment. I'll await reviews before I make my choice. Never thought I'd say this but at the moment I just wish I could have a Lumia on Android.
    10-16-2015 03:16 AM
    Without hard resetting? I have a lumia 1020 and I don't want to hard reset.

Ps: the app is there somewhere since I can play videos when I go to files and select the video
    i gt it by hard reset only...
    10-16-2015 03:25 AM
    Btw...i am a 1020 user....any ideas of how to put the 10549 build to work?
    Could you be more specific in what you're looking for?

I upgraded from 8.1cyan on lumia 1020 and it took about 3 hours in total and it was done. No problems anywhere except after the upgrade. Groove music app has issues playing music and task view doesn't work if you keep display scaling at the lowest. And data usage statistics are not being recorded/monitored
    10-16-2015 04:20 AM
    Interesting BUG!!!! IS IT???

Upgraded 1020 from 8.1 - 10549 (NO SIM PRESENT).

Upgraded just fine but cannot switch WIFI on now. It just says to try again by restarting the phone but nothing happens.
    10-16-2015 04:26 AM
    I went back to 8.1 so I could upgrade to new Windows 10 Mobile build.. But man.. 8.1 is so much faster & smoother... At least my 830 and select devices.. The day W10M is that fast or indeed faster I'd love to get it again hah!..
    10-16-2015 04:38 AM
    Hey guys, so yesterday I rolled back to 8.1 on my 1020, installed the insider app, selected the fast ring, updated and now I am at 10458... lol (I went back instead of forward...)

Anyone knows what I did wrong?

Some details that might be important:
    When I rolled back I got cyan, I let it update all apps and the os up to denim and then installed the insider app and did the upgrade to Win 10.
    10-16-2015 04:46 AM
    Hello there...

I roll-back my 1020 from Build 10546 to 8.1 lumia denim using the recovery tool...when finished then I installed Windows Insider...I select the Fast Ring...The Build 10549 installed and when the first re-boot took place...it loops over and over...from the ATT logo to the Nokia logo...non-stop...it wont progress from there. I only got back to life the 1020 from the loop using the recovery tool.
    10-16-2015 05:01 AM
    Hi there,

I get the following on my Lumia 1520:

20151016_104828.jpg

Amy ideas.

regards
    Svein
    10-16-2015 05:09 AM
    That was after the build upgrade?
    10-16-2015 05:16 AM
    Looks like it's safer to wait for another build.. Lots of issues popping up with this one..
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    10-16-2015 05:44 AM
    Great build, but is anyone having issues with OneDrive and File Explorer transfers? I go to OneDrive to copy something from that to my phone and when i select where i want to save it File Explorer exits right away and OneDrive shows file transfer complete, but it doesnt show up at on my phone or sd card locations.
    have this issue, I posted it on the feedback app
    Alphonso Burks likes this.
    10-16-2015 06:05 AM
    Quick tip - for those having store issues (or other general app issues) in 10549. Do a SOFT RESET (camera + power + vol down) and it will clear up things. The Soft Reset does not clear out the apps or settings, I think it clears out temp system files.

Build 10549 works great on my Lumia 1520, though I decided to HARD RESET and then restore with a backup from the previous build so I would have my apps, messages, and email accounts setup (and all my wifi accounts). That actually works fine, so a good way to get your settings back quickly while staying on 10549

I did notice after doing that the store was giving the 0x80246008 error and it was slow or nothing was downloading. I did a quick SOFT RESET and it booted back up quickly the store was back in action quickly loading all the apps (as it was when I installed 10549 originally).
    soft reset is power and volume down (not camera button)
    fdruid and gpobernardo like this.
    10-16-2015 06:08 AM
    Did the update yesterday, not totally succesful, was not able to get my tiles and apps back and other issues. Did a hard reset and everything works very well. Very happy with the new build. Big improvement from 10536 (L930)
    10-16-2015 06:17 AM
    I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this build on my 930. I had to do a couple of hard resets to get everything working, and disable the two factor authentication for the MS account, but it worked. So far so good, battery life is ok, performance is also good. Not great, but good for an insider build. I'm really missing the TeamViewer app, and PC Remote Pro doesn't really get the job done (even after paying for the pro version... not too happy). Some crashes here and there, but for now it is my daily driver, so that's that. :D
    10-16-2015 06:19 AM
    I have Lumia Camera on my 1520. Before and after doing a hard reset.
    Lumia Camera is a default application that's tied up deep in your phone's system then. At least that's what it sounds like to me. That may not be the case with the Lumia 1020, however. It could be a matter of what software your 1520 was running officially (probably newer than the 1020).
    10-16-2015 06:23 AM
701 ... 1011121314 ...