Windows 10 Mobile build 10549! How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute Zero

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Just installed it on my Lumia 635 (512Mb RAM). It works flawlessly in some aspects, which is to just love it!

Home screen feels very smooth, scrolling, tapping, opening and closing animations are Windows Phone 8.1 smooth-like (even if just "almost there" sometimes). Messaging app is working great, store is a lot more functional, and darn isn't that Photos app a lot better now. I'm just not fond of the new animation when you press a button on the on-screen navbar. It shows a square when you press either Back, Windows or Search, which is kind of a design fault - in my honest opinion.

Apart from all the other known bugs and some "Loading" screens here and there, defo usable as a daily driver. Keeping it :wink:

James Albridge

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
After going back to 8.1 on Sunday, I couldn't resist giving this build another go.

I resetted my 8.1 completely first before upgrading to W10M and my experience is suddenly better. (Earlier, I just upgraded 8.1 to W10M, migrating all my data, which lead to heating of the phone and battery drain)

Battery life is SO much better now. Unplugged my phone at 7 AM and after work, at 5 PM my battery still was 70 %. The phone just slightly heats up now when doing simple stuff, but it's way cooler than before. I don't have lag, but now and then I do get the "Loading" screen, so I might do a new hard reset tonight.

I'm right now installing the 10549.4 update and hope the battery will become even better while waiting for a new build. I miss Cortana though...

(on Lumia 930)

This was my experience on my 1520 as well. Almost to the letter. Hard reset in 8.1, then install WM10, Hard reset again. DO NOT RESTORE TO PREVIOUS PHONE!! Start fresh and clean. This is a sweet build coming at it like this.

hatie123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I have an old Lumia 820 that I was able to put WP10 on it & now updates 10512, 105514, 10536 are ready & I downloaded them but the install process is taking forever. It's been sitting at 0% for like 20mins. Anyone else having this issue? I did do a clean hard reset before I downloaded the updates.
Not updating my Lumia 640XL till the official release comes out.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble uploading their photos to onedrive from their phone. Even though it's set to automatic it doesn't upload. I have tried manually selecting photos and telling it to share to a folder on OneDrive. It tries to upload them but returns to the photo app screen.
On metered connection or on WiFi?

Last edited:

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Installed on my 1520 after rolling back to 8.1. First day I had the Cortana battery drain bug. Reset phone to factory and then restored using backup. Battery life has been great since and Cortana does not seem to be eating battery. I have only 2 bugs to report.
My phone won't shut down. When I shut it down it restarts instead. Not sure if this is going to cause any issues.
Messaging app periodically freezes. Sometimes when I launch the app it'll open for a second and then close. It'll then be unresponsive for 30 seconds or so.

Beyond that I haven't noticed anything else. Apps were a bit slow to load the first time I launched them. Since then everything has been snappy though.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Great build, but is anyone having issues with OneDrive and File Explorer transfers? I go to OneDrive to copy something from that to my phone and when i select where i want to save it File Explorer exits right away and OneDrive shows file transfer complete, but it doesnt show up at on my phone or sd card locations.
Yep... I got this one too. Actually if I go to see the status of OneDrive transfers I see the failed downloads there.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll leave the 1520 on 10549. It's working well enough.
I'll load 10572 on the L640, simply because I gotta see what progress was made over 10549. (Basically, I just can't ignore a new build, even if I want to.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
crashed last night night. Notification action has gone & won't read the sim card & had weird screen glitches. It was running quite well on the 1320. I did a hard reset this morning & all seems well. Honestly can't be bothered going through that process again for the new build.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this wasn't available on previous build but on Lumia 930 we can now change Display - size of text. Bringing it down to 250% or 225% gives us an extra row or actions! other than that I'm also noticing funky behaviour with lock screen unlocking. text scrolls up first then image.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how many people have found this:

Under the Lock Screen settings, there is an option to Double Tap The Navigation Bar To Turn Off The Screen.

I assume this is far more battery friendly when compared to the Double Tap To Wake option.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Just installed new Windows 10 Mobile Build 10572 and my initial impression is the animations are surprisingly smooth but the performance is indeed worse. It tends to lag and some apps just show the lovable "Loading..." screen than usual, especially on Lockscreen and as basic as Phone app (talking about trying to dial up emergency on urgent, that loading screen will be a hell). So far as first time W10M Insider user, the build is fine but I think it's still far from being RTM quality, at least on my testing. Performance, bugs and more polishing is still needed a lot....a lot. Also app performance needs to improve further, we need less time spending looking at app banners and yeah Loading screen has to be "eliminated" especially on basic phone apps such as Phone, Messaging, Photos, etc.

Also I just run into issues currently that W10M doesn't detect my MicroSD properly, but weirdly enough Files app detects it while the rest isn't. So There is no photos, music, videos, apps, anything on SD card is present since the OS thinks it doesn't detect any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria