Rollback to Windows 8.1 required for all future builds?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
In order to get the latest Insider Mobile build they say we have to rollback our phones to Windows 8.1!!!

This is the first time I've ever had to go back to square one in Windows beta testing.

I won't do it.

Question is ... will be be required to rollback to Windows 8.1 in order to get the NEXT build and all future builds?
Will we be required to LOSE EVERYTHING WE HAVE DONE ON OUR PHONES to get every future build?

Not a happy camper over being required to LOSE EVERYTHING and rollback to Windows 8.1.

Might be worth just switching to Android.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
No.It was expected that insiders were going to be able to upgrade directly from 10536 to 10549 last time,but they ran into a bug which resulted in phones going to a black screen.If you follow Gabe Auls twitter,he mentions the upgrade issue a lot.Its obviously something they're working on.I expect a fix in the next build

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I hope the next update doesn't require rolling back to Windows 8.1.

Will just have to wait and see. I hate missing a build but re-installing everything on my phone would be a real pain.
A lot of things need my 24 character password which is difficult to enter without a keyboard and get it right.
It's that way on purpose. Supposed to make them complicated.
Cut and paste is very difficult to do on the phone without a keyboard too. Perhaps I'm not doing it right.
Anyway, I will just wait it out and see what happens with the next update.

Thanks for the response.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
lol why is rolling back such a big deal for you?
First, it's well known that you'll have to hard reset or rollback atleast once while testing pre-release software.
Second, if you test it, you basicly agree to that, and that shouldn't be a problem to you.
Third, you know that doesn't destroy your phone, it just deletes some of your stuff which you can mostly backup (texts, photos, videos, songs, almost everything)
And last, you know the hard reset makes your phone work better, right?

Also as noted above, this build was supposed to be available from the previous w10 build, but due to a bug it isn't. Next one will probably be available from this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes