12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Although battery life is much better, I found the previous build (10563, I think?) much more responsive on my Lumia 925.
    10-22-2015 12:38 PM
    Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
    Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!
    Yeah, like iOS 9.1 is a Insider Preview version. C'mon grow up!
    10-22-2015 12:40 PM
    I almost like this build. If it weren't for the absolutely terrible, horrible, disgusting, poorly designed, stupid, 10,000 steps backwards people app this build wouldn't be bad.
    10-22-2015 12:42 PM
    On your PC, open Cortan and type "Text [Contact Name] Hello". You should get a notifiation shortly saying the message has been sent.
    Nope.. it searches the web...?? odd...
    10-22-2015 12:48 PM
    By Notifications/Tiles, I meant the Live-Tiles Notifications. If they're working for you, you must be very lucky then...
    I know they are not working for a contact's live tile. But I have assumed by now they just don't care. Especially after all the work they put into making them round and dance around with animations.
    10-22-2015 12:52 PM
    Any luck in hiding the nav bar on 730/735 ?
    10-22-2015 12:52 PM
    I installed Build 10572 on my Lumia 520 (its true ). Animations are smooth but there is a 1-2 sec delay before opening some apps. Lock screen animations are changed. Instead of sliding the whole lock screen image now just the time swipes up and unlock. Just like iPhone but here swiping is vertical. I think my Lumia continuously sending feedback to Microsoft because every time there is an arrow symbol showing above WiFi. I am pretty sure Edge browser is working fine. Store is still a mess. Every time there will be few apps failed to update also it too slow. For mail and message app there is hardly no animation while opening a message or email. In windows phone 8 we had cool animations.img_20151022_204309.jpg
    10-22-2015 12:56 PM
    The only issue I am having on my Icon is that the podcasts app will not download podcasts. Is anyone else experiencing this, I've already hard reset and reinstalled the podcast app but when i try to download, the app crashes.
    10-22-2015 01:07 PM
    I had to roll back and install twice. I found that if you do not allow all the core apps to install for 8.1 BEFORE upgrading to 10572 then you end up with a mess of half installed programs that cannot be accessed nor deleted. It also causes errors in the store at it tries to update apps that are not entirely there or even exist on phone. Glance was broken and there were duplicates of icons for 8.1 store as well as the new wp10 store. Things like that. Obviously this would not an issue for people who were actually using 8.1 but for the rollback and upgrade set this is a big problem. M needs to make sure all core apps are installed including their updates for that version of OS after a rollback before an upgrade is allowed. This was a l920 and I did not restore a backup.
    Did you do a full reset after upgrading to WIN10? Sounds like the issues you are experiencing are due to not doing a full reset after the upgrade.
    10-22-2015 01:11 PM
    First time install of windows 10 on Lumia 1020. I was running 8.1 and did a reset (Settings -> About -> Reset). I installed Windows Insider app, selected fast ring and installed Win 10. Took about an hour. After installation, I added the Windows Insider app again, selected Fast Ring and restarted the phone.
    So far, it's great. I was having 'Resuming' errors on my phone for the past few months running 8.1, so maybe it was bugged before the upgrade, but for me, Win 10 is faster, smoother and generally much better.
    Curiously the Lumia Camera app was missing. Note that I did not check if it was installed on 8.1 after the RESET. Note also that I never did a reset (hard or soft) after Win 10 installation. However, I checked the Store, searched for Lumia Camera and it showed up (I thought it was not available!?).

Camera is running faster and it doesn't hang when saving with DNG (RAW) option.

I'm installing my apps now and will update if there are any issues, but overall, I'm excited to see this become even more stable and optimized. It feels like a new phone.
    fjordstrom likes this.
    10-22-2015 01:22 PM
    Are you enrolled in the Insider Preview on pc?
    10-22-2015 01:25 PM
    My phone won't let me install the upgrade. It says that I need to have at least 40% battery to upgrade. I have the phone plugged in and it is currently at 100%. Anyone else getting this message?

Lumia 925
    10-22-2015 01:37 PM
    Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
    Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!
    Only took me about a half hour...
    10-22-2015 01:43 PM
    Make sure you are on the latest Preview build on your PC. I believe it is 10565.
    10-22-2015 01:47 PM
    My phone won't let me install the upgrade. It says that I need to have at least 40% battery to upgrade. I have the phone plugged in and it is currently at 100%. Anyone else getting this message?

Lumia 925
    Rebooting the phone fixed that for my 520.
    10-22-2015 01:49 PM
    Upgraded my L830 from 8.1 and then hard reset and everything is working fine except one thing, Vibrate on call connect or answered was on by default in build 10549, How do I enable this feature on this build?
    Did you find this? Looks like it under Settings->System->Notifications->Phone. You also need to turn on vibrate until sound. I don't like the settings, everything is buried.
    gabi tanase and Sherif Hafez like this.
    10-22-2015 01:52 PM
    Only took me about a half hour...
    I think people underestimate the value in having already restored your phone once using the Windows Device Recovery tool. If you don't have a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 to rollback to, downloading that from the server could take a while. I know if you have a wonky wireless connection, downloading the Insider Build can take a while.

I also found that this build is kind of slow starting up the first time. Frustrating if you don't know what to expect. Again, your mileage will vary.
    10-22-2015 01:54 PM
    Tut1234 I'm on 549 still, and I don't see Phone in the Notifications section.
    I'm also getting a vibration when I put it on a charger, but I would like to turn that off.
    10-22-2015 01:57 PM
    Build looks fine on Lumia 930... Enabled Cortana back after earlier build issue and battery is not draining fast. Now a new problem that even when vibration is off in settings, phone keeps vibrating when i use my capacitive touch buttons. Also noticed that lumia camera video recording isn't working in both the previous build as well as in current build
    10-22-2015 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman86 View Post

On your PC, open Cortan and type "Text [Contact Name] Hello". You should get a notifiation shortly saying the message has been sent.
    make sure your phone is hooked up and on this insider build, also your PC needs 10565 insider build with the messaging app.

then cortona on your PC will send text via your cell. the sending works well enough. I've yet to receive messages (text) on my PC... early build and baby steps but I like the direction
    10-22-2015 02:25 PM
    I think people underestimate the value in having already restored your phone once using the Windows Device Recovery tool. If you don't have a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 to rollback to, downloading that from the server could take a while.
    I agree... However, I'm weird and delete the downloaded file after each restore so that it gets a fresh copy every time.

Probably helps that I have 100M internet at home...
    10-22-2015 02:25 PM
    After the downgrade to 8.1 and then the upgrade and app reinstall and possibly losing some of my backup, I noticed a couple of big things. The battery life is way better now that it was on my Lumia 930. A lot of the lag is gone now too. On the Windows Central app, it lagged after you clicked an article and had to wait a few seconds for it to load, now it seems closer to instant, but still not perfect. Overall speed seems way better than before. This is nice that it's close to production.

I'm really dying to see the txt/message/skype integration with Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3.
    Stephen
    10-22-2015 02:27 PM
    I have it running on my 1020 and build 10572 and it brings back bugs that were once fixed:
    1) Using your phone as a hotspot no longer works. It works few seconds and then you drop connection to it. You are unable to reconnect until you reboot your phone, though you again can only connect for a few seconds.
    2) Multiple apps fail to update from the app store. Three that I have encountered are 1. glance screen, 2. Lumia Help+Tips, and 3. Device Help.

And yes, I ALWAYS perform a hard reset after I upgrade to a new build. I've actually performed 3 hard resets with this build and the above problems continue to exist.
    10-22-2015 02:49 PM
    Does anyone have any problems concerning touch on Lumia 1520, it was working fine last night. But as of this morning its being erratic. I enter whatsapp for example and the phone goes crazy, it presses random letter and its not responsive. Same thing happened on previous build 10549
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    10-22-2015 03:03 PM
    I have installed it on my Lumia 1520. Definitely faster and battery life is better. I had to hard reset a few times to get everything back in place. A few pending issues. Twitter opens to a blank screen. The ESPN Fantasy Football app is stuck on the welcome screen and I have a few apps that show two copies. One installed and one pending. No way to remove the pending version. Definitely an improvement over the older versions, but getting Twitter and ESPN working are important
    10-22-2015 03:05 PM
974 ... 1920212223 ...