12-26-2015 10:37 PM
974 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Hi,
    Can you tell me if Microsft Camera is filming with sound? Also , can you use Lumia Camera for video?
    As you know some L930 have problems with second mic.
    Thanks
    hey dude, just tried video.. not working :-(
    10-22-2015 03:05 PM
    Is anyone able to use 6tag application? I can't. Are there any other apps too that aren't working?
    10-22-2015 03:51 PM
    Okay, after two days I can say a little bit more..

Video recording via Lumia Camera/Lumia Camera Beta is broken. Microsoft Camera doesn't capture sound.

Opening any photo editor via Photos is impossible (immediate crash)

Unable to update motion data.

MyTube (Beta for w10) video playback is broken - black screen+sound only.

Facebook Beta is often throwing errors on startup, also shows wrong count of new posts on newsfeed (always 7 in my case)

NextGen Reader is very laggy.

Windows Central app is a joke since few months on 8.1 also. Throwing a lot of errors (wi-fi/3g tested) doesn't fetch comments, problems loading content. It's even worse on WIN10M.

Plenty of other apps are crashing on startup or are working improperly.

Overall, it's a decent piece of software, but still feels like 2-3 builds away from RTM.
    10-22-2015 03:56 PM
    640, Australia, Vodafone

All memory card apps are unavailable but phone works fine. Waiting for next update to fix this issue.

note: music still works, music on my memory card. which means, it's not a memory card issue.
    10-22-2015 03:57 PM
    Master Chief, there are others who have found methods to get their SD card recognized. But the easiest for me was to put it in my PC and reformat it. Then put it back in the phone and it sees it.

Obviously you would want to copy all your music and stuff back onto it afterwards.
    10-22-2015 04:01 PM
    You can make it the smallest tile and get no faces.
    10-22-2015 04:07 PM
    Does anyone have the same problem?

That's a 1520 problem the phantom touch bug. It's a hardware problem
    10-22-2015 04:14 PM
    I upgraded and didn't hard reset either and I can't get wide tiles for Appointile or another calendar app.
    10-22-2015 04:21 PM
    So what i've seen on my L930 is that the build is getting faster, battery life is much much better now, at least 2x better.

Broken:
    Video recording
    Action center doesn't pop up when u push it, but stays on the screen
    Screen unlock only pushes up letters
    My keyboard can't be downloaded, stuck with ENG US now

On the other hand, store now updates apps, only motion data and nokia acc throw an error. And data sense now works for me again, finally. Live tiles work better, show more info. I think that all the apps work now.
    10-22-2015 04:25 PM
    Is anyone able to use 6tag application? I can't. Are there any other apps too that aren't working?
    Works for me, same with all others.
    10-22-2015 04:25 PM
    Hi all just one day after the upgrade on my Lumia 930 I can confirm that it is a lot much smoother than my previous 10436 or what was the number. The upgrade was a bit long and I had problems identifying myself couldn't receive the SMS only via the phone. After that all went well and the backup restore was pretty smooth. All my apps including amazon app are now working fine. The battery seems a lot better for now. You have questions about the camera well the Lumia Camera now shows up twice in the listing as you can see in the pics and when clicking the Camera app I have the opp to record 4K video up to 3840x2160/30 fps. When I tap on the blue icon this message appears "A BETTER CAMERA" And yes it does record with sound. But it only allows digital video stabilization no optical but it seems very smooth. I`ll come back with more.

wp_ss_20151022_0002.jpgwp_ss_20151022_0001.jpg.
    Axeelant likes this.
    10-22-2015 04:33 PM
    On my L830 after a few hours of use and testing. Fully reset after install.

Video is working on Microsoft Camera (with audio) but broken on Lumia Camera. It doesn't record at all.

Motion Data is broken. Crashes when trying to open the setting. There is also an update that keeps failing in the store for this.

Glance Screen setting is broken. Crashes when trying to open.

I'm also seeing a very strange issue with the display. Intermittently, for a brief second, the screen flashes black then returns to normal.

Microsoft Photo Plug-In continuously updates itself every time I check for updates. Even though it does so successfully according to the install message.

Performance seems good. Phone is not running hot. Need to see how the battery life performs.
    10-22-2015 04:34 PM
    I'm still on 10549, which is working reasonably well, but one problem I noted is with the PIN/password needed to remove the lock screen. (My work email settings require me to use a PIN, unlike 99 percent of most users). In 10549, regardless of the settings, it often asks me for a PIN every time I swipe the screen, even just a few seconds apart. Anyone having issues like this in 10572?
    10-22-2015 04:43 PM
    Been running this on a 1320, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Very stable. Not had the glance issue that some have had. Display is fine, no unusual flashes like on previous build. I'm not a camera user, but took a few snaps. Camera opened quickly and worked, although I haven't a clue about the finer points.

I had one 'hang / crash'. Whilst loading store, became totally unresponsive. Quick reset and it has been as good as gold ever since.

Battery is pretty darn good using 49% over the past 12 hours with a mix of browsing, calls and texts, and an hours navigating. Not bad at all.

The only downside? It took me all day yesterday to get it installed!! On the 1320 it takes 90 mins on the 'gears'. It then flashed up Nokia, and that was it. Bootloop. Thankfully, WDRT pick it up in the UEFI option. Second time, all installed ok but when ever you pressed the back button the screen would have a hissy fit, looking like a shot of hundreds and thousands on a cake! Reset again, and after another 2 hours, it finally took. Worth the aggro? Er......actually, yes it was, although part of that was probably down to the achievement of actually getting the thing installed!
    10-22-2015 04:58 PM
    On my L830 after a few hours of use and testing. Fully reset after install.

Video is working on Microsoft Camera (with audio) but broken on Lumia Camera. It doesn't record at all.

Motion Data is broken. Crashes when trying to open the setting. There is also an update that keeps failing in the store for this.

Glance Screen setting is broken. Crashes when trying to open.

I'm also seeing a very strange issue with the display. Intermittently, for a brief second, the screen flashes black then returns to normal.

Microsoft Photo Plug-In continuously updates itself every time I check for updates. Even though it does so successfully according to the install message.

Performance seems good. Phone is not running hot. Need to see how the battery life performs.
    I echo the same sentiments EXCEPT: Battery life is still pretty bad for me compared to both 8.1 and build 10535 or whatever that build number was.
    10-22-2015 04:59 PM
    Current build is miles ahead of last build. Been running it on my L920 since release, or 2 hours after to be more accurate. Battery life is very good, interface is much more responsive, far fewer "resumings", no issues with apps so far outside of the acknowledged official issues other than Glance. IT works but I have been unable to install the update which spits out an error. All other apps have updated without issue. Having said all that I was extremely disappointed that after installing 10572 my L920 did not turn into a 950xl. What's with that and when will my preorder ship? Isn't it November yet?
    10-22-2015 05:13 PM
    Video recording works fine on my 640
    10-22-2015 05:18 PM
    I updated my Lumia 1520 and it went fine.
    When I updated my wife's Lumia 1520 last night she had a black screen for a while after one of the reboots but I left it alone and then it eventually displayed that it was doinhe final setup "almost there" or whatever and then it finished.

It seems ave made my 1520 faster and I noticed some new features.
    I don't see the Lumia camera app in the store but the default Micrisoft camera seems to have the features in it and also has LENS spprt as well.

Now if my phone didn't recently get plagued with the "Phantom Touch" issue things would be about perfect. :-(
    10-22-2015 05:22 PM
    Build 10572 working great here on my 1520.
    A few issues though:
    Battery life when in use isn't that great (maybe my battery is reaching it's limits now?). Idle battery seems to be good.
    Lots of stuff already mentioned by people already (motion data, glance screen).
    Phone is a slow to open after entering passcode on lock.
    Had an issue where I couldn't pull down the action menu at all, just stuck with the color bar just barely visible, required restart.
    I got a phone call, went to answer and my phone rebooted.
    All that aside, this is a very nice build. I started second guessing myself a bit before this build, wondering about Android (I know! I know! ), but my confidence was restored and assured. Those who are curious should check it out.
    10-22-2015 05:31 PM
    640XL here. Great build. Much snappier than previous builds. Only issues are the ones that were listed in the blog post. Finally glance is stable on my phone. All Extras show and work. My font resolution issues (bad resolution at any text scaling) disappeared as well. Looking good.
    10-22-2015 05:35 PM
    Okay, after two days I can say a little bit more..

Video recording via Lumia Camera/Lumia Camera Beta is broken. Microsoft Camera doesn't capture sound.

Opening any photo editor via Photos is impossible (immediate crash)

Unable to update motion data.

MyTube (Beta for w10) video playback is broken - black screen+sound only.

Facebook Beta is often throwing errors on startup, also shows wrong count of new posts on newsfeed (always 7 in my case)

NextGen Reader is very laggy.

Windows Central app is a joke since few months on 8.1 also. Throwing a lot of errors (wi-fi/3g tested) doesn't fetch comments, problems loading content. It's even worse on WIN10M.

Plenty of other apps are crashing on startup or are working improperly.

Overall, it's a decent piece of software, but still feels like 2-3 builds away from RTM.
    Same for me on most points, but has anyone had issues with Driving Mode? It just doesn't work, and hasn't on the last few builds. Drives me crazy trying to listen to music via BT and getting constant text alerts.
    10-22-2015 05:50 PM
    Are you enrolled in the Insider Preview on pc?
    No.. I assumed it worked with Windows 10 release? Oh if it needs Insider on the PC then that explains it.. LOL
    fjordstrom likes this.
    10-22-2015 05:56 PM
    This build feels almost as fast and fluid as 8.1 but I am seeing quicker battery drain than I'd like (Cortana?). The only other issue I've had is motion data being stuck in the store with error 0x803F8006 - but apparently others are having the same problem. I'm running a 640 XL dual sim (without a 2nd sim) as my daily driver, from Canada, with location etc. set to US to enable Cortana. My 830 running 10572 has the same issue. It feels like we're closing in on RTM territory.
    10-22-2015 05:59 PM
    Time to upgrade to iOS 9.1 - 45 mins
    Time to roll-back, upgrade, reset, restore, download apps for 10572 - hours and hours

C'mon MSFT!
    (Relatively) minor update on a finished operating system vs
    Whole new version of an unfinished operating system

Fair comparison.
    10-22-2015 06:07 PM
    (Relatively) minor update on a finished operating system vs
    Whole new version of an unfinished operating system

Fair comparison.
    Don't feed the trolls...
    10-22-2015 06:22 PM
974 ... 2021222324 ...