Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Got it running on my L520, it's running ok. Settings crashed changing start screen background.
Still seeing resuming and loading screens sometimes and blank screen waiting on apps to load.
So the real test will be running all day, the last build would act funny about every 12 hours (messaging crash, not respond, etc.) and would require a reboot.
A new thing, store will say Update Available for an app, but will not start downloading until you select it.
I like this because I don't have to wait for updates to apps I don't use.

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Cant get one drive app to sync over Wifi for Cell.. strange it says cant connect to network. rebooted several times and still no joy.

fixed it

Ran one note.. that connected to one drive and sorted out the issue with the onedrive app.

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
It looks like third time's a charm for me. I just got finished with my 3rd install of this build and it finally sees my SD card. Now I can get down to business testing out all the goodies.

kcpistol

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to follow up my post from yesterday - on the second attempt the update went through.

If you have a 1020, be sure to be patient after the build installs, when it reboots for the first time - it could take 10 minutes to get to the Windows logo from the "NOKIA" logo!! Be patient, it will go through.

I am finding this version to be way faster and easier on the battery. Rarely seeing the "resuming" message now.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Been up and running for about an hour (hard reset and app installs/updates completed).

Absolutely see a huge improvement in performance on my 830.

two things I've noticed so far:

1) Edge: They've broken out some options from the "hub" (favorites), so easier and quicker to access.

3) Photo app: No longer pulls in every photo from every folder on OneDrive. Photos folder only. Not sure when this was fixed, actually. But, I'm just noticing it now.

Early impressions? I'm no longer worried about "RTM" based on what I've seen from this build.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
SMS sync NOT Working. WTF.
Bug?
solution for this problem?

Patience. It's taken days for mine to completely sync running 10549. I find it seems to pick up several months each time I restart it. I also found that many apps show as if installed but all you get is the splash screen. Going to the Store and looking at Downloads and updates I would have several that had an error. I paused them which allowed the others to start installing. Took quite a while but they finally all did install.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
This new build is awesome only 1 problem whatsapp notifications are not displayed on lockscreen solution for this?

Whatsapp is weird. If you have a different region on the phone than your phone number it causes issues I noticed. Do you that sort of setup?

EDIT: I have an issue where my Line chat app can't download stickers. Crashes while downloading. :(

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Fast and fluid on L830 - and Smooooth. Nice animations to/from the Start screen. Restored a backup from 10549. That restored most, but not all, apps.

At first pass using it this afternoon everything is there and working - glance, tap, Wi-Fi , messaging.
Finally sync in Edge and , as above, favs/Reading List/etc. does not require multiple taps.

Motion Data is still not installing, but curiously, it has appeared in Settings. Both Motion and Motion Data. The second one wasn't there earlier. Also getting Block and Filter repeatedly turning up in Store updates.

Counters in live-tiles are now black circles with the numbers inside. Circles in Contacts now too big? is the font in the app list bigger?

This release bodes well for RTM sooner than I'd have thought a week ago.

Alescro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure of others, but for me Live tile notifications have died. Instead of Outlook showing a cool 1/2/3 at the bottom right, we have the ugly number inside a black circle. WhatsApp tile doesn't show notifications at all. Hard reset twice.

The build does feel much more stable, though and in "About", there's no "Preview" mentioned.

Same here. THe thing about Whatsapp is very annoying

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
ADVISE ON UPGRADING TO BUILD 10572 - I had problems upgrading and still had issues until I read somewhere that taking these steps makes Build 10572 work smoothly, so I tried and IT REALLY WORKS!!

WARNING - This is a LOOOOOONNNGG process, but VERY MUCH worth it!!

Follow these steps and Build 10572 works GREAT!

1) Backup any data you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud (pictures, documents, videos, etc.)
2) If you are on Win10 build - return your phone to Win 8.1, DO NOT RESTORE!! If you are on W8.1, reset your phone to factory settings - DO NOT RESTORE.
3) With phone now on Win8.1 factory settings, run through the setup process, log in and immediately download the Windows Insider Preview app. You will have to wait for all the other apps to be updated as well.
4) After all apps are updated and Windows Insider Preview app is installed, open Windows Insider Preview app and choose "Fast Ring"
5) Phone should restart and download and install Build 10572.
6) Again, run setup, log in, and allow phone to run updates for all apps - DO NOT RESTORE!!!
7) RESET your phone again! Yes, you read that correctly - RESET Win10 Build 10572 to factory settings.
8) Reinstall the Windows Insider Preview app, open it and choose "Fast Ring"
9) Phone will restart and install Insider Preview edition.
10) At this point, you should have Windows 10 Build 10572 Insider Preview version reset to "factory settings." You can now begin reloading all your backup files and manually install any apps you want on your phone.

I did these steps and my Lumia Icon is actually running better than Windows Phone 8.1 did. Battery is amazing now! The only thing I don't have at this point is "Hey Cortana," but I'm sure we'll get that in future builds. I was a bit skeptical and don't exactly know why this works, but believe me, my Lumia Icon is running like it was designed for Windows 10! The back of the phone is actually COLD to the touch. I only lost 3% battery in 45 minutes and I was on a call for 20 of those minutes. Screen is smooth and quick. Apps launch quickly and have not had any crashes since doing this. Camera had a slight instance of delay in "processing" photo, but that has since disappeared. I'm finally ready to leave this build on my Lumia Icon and use as a daily driver. I just need MS to fix the "Hey Cortana" thing now, but I'm EXTREMELY please with how my Icon is working now!

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
SMS sync works for me. In fact, I got all these conversations I had from a while back I was confused about.

Photos shows all my oneDrive pictures properly.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
ksj1 said:
Patience. It's taken days for mine to completely sync running 10549. I find it seems to pick up several months each time I restart it. I also found that many apps show as if installed but all you get is the splash screen. Going to the Store and looking at Downloads and updates I would have several that had an error. I paused them which allowed the others to start installing. Took quite a while but they finally all did install.

Was the same on 10549, but at least, it downloaded SMS by batch and it synced recent SMS (the ones sent and received after install).

This time, nothing syncs, past or present.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
ADVISE ON UPGRADING TO BUILD 10572 - I had problems upgrading and still had issues until I read somewhere that taking these steps makes Build 10572 work smoothly, so I tried and IT REALLY WORKS!!

WARNING - This is a LOOOOOONNNGG process, but VERY MUCH worth it!!

Follow these steps and Build 10572 works GREAT!

1) Backup any data you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud (pictures, documents, videos, etc.)
2) If you are on Win10 build - return your phone to Win 8.1, DO NOT RESTORE!! If you are on W8.1, reset your phone to factory settings - DO NOT RESTORE.
3) With phone now on Win8.1 factory settings, run through the setup process, log in and immediately download the Windows Insider Preview app. You will have to wait for all the other apps to be updated as well.
4) After all apps are updated and Windows Insider Preview app is installed, open Windows Insider Preview app and choose "Fast Ring"
5) Phone should restart and download and install Build 10572.
6) Again, run setup, log in, and allow phone to run updates for all apps - DO NOT RESTORE!!!
7) RESET your phone again! Yes, you read that correctly - RESET Win10 Build 10572 to factory settings.
8) Reinstall the Windows Insider Preview app, open it and choose "Fast Ring"
9) Phone will restart and install Insider Preview edition.
10) At this point, you should have Windows 10 Build 10572 Insider Preview version reset to "factory settings." You can now begin reloading all your backup files and manually install any apps you want on your phone.

I did these steps and my Lumia Icon is actually running better than Windows Phone 8.1 did. Battery is amazing now! The only thing I don't have at this point is "Hey Cortana," but I'm sure we'll get that in future builds. I was a bit skeptical and don't exactly know why this works, but believe me, my Lumia Icon is running like it was designed for Windows 10! The back of the phone is actually COLD to the touch. I only lost 3% battery in 45 minutes and I was on a call for 20 of those minutes. Screen is smooth and quick. Apps launch quickly and have not had any crashes since doing this. Camera had a slight instance of delay in "processing" photo, but that has since disappeared. I'm finally ready to leave this build on my Lumia Icon and use as a daily driver. I just need MS to fix the "Hey Cortana" thing now, but I'm EXTREMELY please with how my Icon is working now!
NOLA, you caught my attention with your last paragraph (ICON). I've tried the last several builds but end up rolling back to 8.1 just because of battery drain. 549 was really bad for me. Had it on for 4-5 days. Was running 512 the longest. And all 3 times I installed the insider builds, I was already installing just like you described above. Although, I didn't go back to the insider app after upgrading to 549 last week. wonder if that was my issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2