11-29-2015 11:13 PM
113 1234 ...
tools
    No luck here, nothing after 9/27 this year. Last build it slowly updated all but nothing yet today
    10-21-2015 08:12 PM
    9/27 this year? Lucky. I'm still at 8/30 last year. This us going to take a WHILE.
    10-21-2015 08:17 PM
    So far the only messages that have been downloaded are from Oct. 21, 2014 to November 13, 2014... no slow downloading or anything, just didn't sync anything else. My text message sync is set to "any time"
    10-21-2015 09:00 PM
    I did choose 30 days, so that I could get current. Then once that succeeded, I changed to Anytime, and let it backfill.

That also gave me a chance to open recent threads and scroll up as far as the 30 days had synced. This would trigger that specific thread to start syncing further. I kind of felt I was pushing things manually. :)
    10-21-2015 09:06 PM
    After reading this last night, I set it for "Last Month" and rebooted. Still nothing this morning. Just as a FYI.
    10-22-2015 09:30 AM
    The entirety of yesterday I only synced from 8/12 to 8/30 of 2014!

This morning, I was still only showing 8/30/2014. However, there has been a "flurry" of activity and I am now synced as far as 9/30/2014 in only a few hours. So... still slow, but showing progress. It seems to happen in bursts, and I had a long time with no syncing activity whatsoever.
    10-22-2015 10:30 AM
    I posted ad-nauseam about this in the last build. Couldn't understand why more folks weren't affected.
    AND, the slow syncing of 2+ years of texting coincided with the messaging app draining the battery on my 1520.

It finally caught up. About 3 days. Battery returned to normal and 10549 settled in nicely.
    Loaded this new build on a 640, just to avoid messing up the sweet running 1520.
    Ironically, the messaging app synced much quicker, and without battery drama.

Still, I'm loving the new functionality of the messaging app. Folding in Skype, and soon texting from desktop........
    These current snags are the price for what I believe is going to be a fantastic new messaging experience.
    I had the same problem when i restored for last build. When i was still on 8.1 I managed to find a way to force it to sync faster but it was highly annoying. I had the issue where it kept saying my microsoft account wouldnt sync in the account settings, everytime i forced it to sync it would sync text mesages as well but it would only do like 1-3 weeks at a time.

The restore is just slow as hell for some reason. We need a back up and restore more like ios
    10-22-2015 10:43 AM
    I wouldn't be so quick to look at work-arounds for this issue. I wonder is some of this is related to the new messager integration. Perhaps they're re-syncing to a different database or downloading and resyncing elsewhere for access to PC messaging. I'm comfortable waiting, so long as I know I'm not losing my data.
    10-22-2015 11:19 AM
    Same issue here. Lumia 1520. So far none of my messages have been synced.
    Account settings shows mailbox sync settings constantly greyed out in a sync loop.
    Battery draining very rapidly, at times between 26% & 46% per hour.
    Device ranges between warm and hot.
    This morning I shut off sync messages and the battery and heat issues have gone away.

There must be a problem with the message syncing. Maybe due to Cortana texting.
    10-22-2015 11:33 AM
    I think you guys are on to something. I suspect there are changes taking place on client AND server side right now. There are a lot of things that go into these added features that are going to be a part of the Windows 10 eco system. So there really isn't some magic button we click, or a reset\restore routine on our "Preview Build phones" that suddenly will unclog the messaging pipes. I suspect it will just suddenly start working and we will all think it was the last thing we did that fixed it. :)
    10-22-2015 11:47 AM
    I had same issue. After re installing 8.1 and build 10572 second time, all messages appeared.
    10-22-2015 11:51 AM
    I have the same problem on both my Lumia Icon and 920. :(
    10-22-2015 01:01 PM
    I had the same issue on 10549, only this time, it takes a LOT longer. Last time, I also got errors from the MS server (dub403-m.hotmail.com) ; when you go in outlook and check your MS/main account, you will see that it's syncing all the time (you can go in People, settings and see your account syncing forever too).

Now my default server on all Lumias is dub407. And when on 10549 at least all recent SMS got synced instantly, this time, not at all. It syncs well between my 1020 (8.1) and 640 (10549) though.

I really believe there's a glitch server side. For 10549, I installed it both on my 535 and 640. No issue at all on the 535 (instant restore for both SIMs) and it took 2 days for the 640 (and I HR/resintalled many times on the 640 with no change).

Now only the 535 is running the 10572 build and it's its turn to get stuck lol.
    10-22-2015 01:06 PM
    I'm having the same thing, nothing past a few messages in 2013. Out of curiosity I reset an old phone I had, running 8.1. It's loaded all of my messages back again. So they still exist, just not syncing to this build
    10-22-2015 01:08 PM
    I'm having the same thing, nothing past a few messages in 2013. Out of curiosity I reset an old phone I had, running 8.1. It's loaded all of my messages back again. So they still exist, just not syncing to this build
    That's good to know. While I assumed it's a server side issue and nothing was actually deleted, it's nice for someone to confirm that.
    10-22-2015 02:33 PM
    Now I am convinced it is server side...............
    I grabbed my 1520 and rolled it back to 8.1 (I'm running 572 on a 640)
    While in 8.1, it immediately restored every text thread from the last 2+ years, but when you enter each thread, each messages is labeled "Get Media Content"
    So, of course, you touch each message and it changes to "Getting media content"
    Alas, it just crawls and very slowly brings in those messages. Really slow.

So, more evidence that it isn't necessarily a Preview Build isolated issue.
    10-22-2015 02:45 PM
    That's good to know. While I assumed it's a server side issue and nothing was actually deleted, it's nice for someone to confirm that.
    To be sure your messages are not deleted, you can check your outlook account on the web ; I can see my latest SMS there.

I've asked Gabe if this issue can be fixed:
    a) by an app update
    b) by a new build
    c) by a server-fix.

It's unlikely he will respond, but if he does, I'll report it here
    10-22-2015 03:04 PM
    To be sure your messages are not deleted, you can check your outlook account on the web ; I can see my latest SMS there.

I've asked Gabe if this issue can be fixed:
    a) by an app update
    b) by a new build
    c) by a server-fix.

It's unlikely he will respond, but if he does, I'll report it here
    Where do we look on the outlook site to see this? Im in the process of rolling back my 1020 to 8.1, restoring from the backup, waiting for texts to download, then upping to 10572. May be a moot point, but seeing the texts on outlook would ease my mind. My mother passed in July and i DONT want to lose those texts.
    10-22-2015 03:10 PM
    Where do you go in Outlook to see your SMSs? They used to have Messaging History folder but they removed that like a year ago.
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    10-22-2015 03:36 PM
    Where in outlook.com? I see my Skype messages there, but not my SMS.
    10-22-2015 03:39 PM
    To all who asked :
    a) go on outlook.com
    b) go to the settings gear (next to your username, top right) and choose "manage categories" (I'm translating from French, don't know how it looks like in English
    c) Tick the 2 boxes in front of "Contacts" (so a tick in QuickView and in Filter)
    d) Now come back to the main view. Under Categories, you have Contacts. Click on it, you'll see there messages from your contacts, *including* SMS
    10-22-2015 04:33 PM
    Where do we look on the outlook site to see this? Im in the process of rolling back my 1020 to 8.1, restoring from the backup, waiting for texts to download, then upping to 10572. May be a moot point, but seeing the texts on outlook would ease my mind. My mother passed in July and i DONT want to lose those texts.
    I'm sorry for your loss and I fully understand. I'd suggest that, when you SMS are back (I'm pretty convinced we'll get our SMS when the MS servers are fixed), you create a physical backup with the contact+SMS app. You don't need a SD card for this, and you'll have a file that you can store on your DD, or where you prefer, to get these precious texts elsewhere that only on the MS servers.
    10-22-2015 04:36 PM
    Can anyone confirm if reinstalling 15072 will solve this problem. Anybody tried it..?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-22-2015 04:41 PM
    I had tried to reinstall the 10549 many times and at that time (last week), it had changed nothing at all. I doubt it would fix the issue for 10572.
    10-22-2015 04:45 PM
    To all who asked :
    a) go on outlook.com
    b) go to the settings gear (next to your username, top right) and choose "manage categories" (I'm translating from French, don't know how it looks like in English
    c) Tick the 2 boxes in front of "Contacts" (so a tick in QuickView and in Filter)
    d) Now come back to the main view. Under Categories, you have Contacts. Click on it, you'll see there messages from your contacts, *including* SMS
    Confirmed my settings under "Manage categories", went to "Contacts". It sorted by newest date first. First one in the list is the email I received from my gf on 9/23. It does not show any of the text messages I got from her, even the ones from a few hours ago. AKA, doesn't work.
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    10-22-2015 05:44 PM
113 1234 ...