Updating for the first time, chose wrong "ring"

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a Lumia 925 with Win8.1 that I have never updated to Win10, I was waiting for a stable build and I feel like, based on the feedback of the most recent, I'm ready to try. I downloaded the Windows Insider app last night and accidentally chose Slow Ring instead of Fast and when I woke up it said there was an update ready. I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to make sure I was getting the most recent build, so I tried to go back in to the app and change to the Fast Ring but it says I can't because there's an update ready to be installed. Should I just go ahead with that update then change to Fast Ring, or is there something else I can/should do here? Thanks!

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Am I going to have to worry about rolling back to 8.1 to install the latest build? I know that was fixed in the new build but I I've never quite understood if that meant you had to roll back one more time to get the new build, or if the new one was good to go out of the box, so-to-speak.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! So yesterday I tried updating to the slow ring build, I think 10166 or something, and the phone got about 3/4s of the way through the gears and the update crashed. So I rolled back to 8.1, installed an update, then enrolled in the fast ring and installed the latest build. Update went mostly fine, using it now, but I couldn't get data on t-mobiles network or send or receive MMS messages. The access point app was telling me it couldn't connect to a network. I found some help online and found out I had to enter the internet and MMS APN info manually, and once I did that data and receiving MMSs worked, but I still can't send MMSs. Any idea how I might be able to fix that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon