03-17-2016 04:41 PM
1,069 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Installed the latest build today on my L640 and am really enjoying the new look and feel of win 10. So far so good. Wasn't as fortunate when I tried to install on my Nokia Lumia 925.
    11-25-2015 06:18 PM
    Does anyone else has problem with keyboard missing? I don't have keyboard, I can't type. When I go settings - time and language - keyboard I can't add any because there are no available to download. Please if someone knows solution for this, please help me
    11-25-2015 06:26 PM
    Well, I figured that rather than revert back to 8.1 that I would try a hard reset anyways and it actually fixed the performance issues with SMS and also Maps opens without issue. I do have a small issue with Messaging & Skype (Mine are linked) where my friend on Skype that I'm testing with shows up as "SMS Text" in Message with no option for "Skype Text". Does anyone know how to get the Skype contact to work as Skype in Messaging? It actually worked correctly with the same contact before the hard reset.

A number of people here have complained about Lumia Camera not being available or working once a hard reset is done but I installed it from the store and it works. Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Back to battery testing for me.
    11-25-2015 07:55 PM
    Well, I figured that rather than revert back to 8.1 that I would try a hard reset anyways and it actually fixed the performance issues with SMS and also Maps opens without issue. I do have a small issue with Messaging & Skype (Mine are linked) where my friend on Skype that I'm testing with shows up as "SMS Text" in Message with no option for "Skype Text". Does anyone know how to get the Skype contact to work as Skype in Messaging? It actually worked correctly with the same contact before the hard reset.

A number of people here have complained about Lumia Camera not being available or working once a hard reset is done but I installed it from the store and it works. Am I misunderstanding the issue?

Back to battery testing for me.
    With the skype text, you have to go into the people app and link his Microsoft messaging contact to his normal contact. Not sure why they make you do that. Some do it automatically but some don't.
    11-25-2015 08:01 PM
    Lumia Camera is gone for good.
    Even if it updates, once you open it, you'll get a message saying it's been discontinued.
    Mine installed from the store yesterday and it's working fine .... Lumia 1020
    11-25-2015 08:05 PM
    With the skype text, you have to go into the people app and link his Microsoft messaging contact to his normal contact. Not sure why they make you do that. Some do it automatically but some don't.
    Thanks, but the odd thing is that his contact already has his Skype messaging linked. I tried removing and re-adding it but made no difference. Even though it is linked it does not show in his contact details that he's available for Skype Video like my other contacts.
    11-25-2015 10:37 PM
    when open multiple apps, the phone become very slow... ..is there any multitask management program to improve the performance? 640 xl lte dual sim
    11-25-2015 10:48 PM
    Updated to 586 build. Worked fine. Then it downloaded and updated.

Screen is stuck on the sleep screen. Time won't change, neither will the battery charge.

PLEASE HELP!
    11-26-2015 01:55 AM
    Updated to 586 build. Worked fine. Then it downloaded and updated.

Screen is stuck on the sleep screen. Time won't change, neither will the battery charge.

PLEASE HELP!
    Soft reset: press power + vol down till phone switchs off and vibrates
    11-26-2015 02:19 AM
    Does anyone have problem with Data sense? It doesn't count anything when I turn on the Mobile hotspot.
    Also, the other issue, if I enable word suggestions on my croatian keyboard it will just stop working after few suggestions, no keys are accepted anymore.
    11-26-2015 04:42 AM
    Anyone else see apps duplicated in the background app list in settings? If you toggle one entry to allow/disallow the app to run in background, leave then come back to the page, all entries for that app are toggled. It also seemingly random how many times an app appears; it's always the same apps that are duplicated, but sometimes it appears 3 times, sometimes 4 times etc.
    11-26-2015 06:25 AM
    Anyone else see apps duplicated in the background app list in settings? If you toggle one entry to allow/disallow the app to run in background, leave then come back to the page, all entries for that app are toggled. It also seemingly random how many times an app appears; it's always the same apps that are duplicated, but sometimes it appears 3 times, sometimes 4 times etc.
    Me too, randomly, they disappear after 24H by itself. Curious menu script bug :) It doesn't affect funcionality
    skinnypig118 likes this.
    11-26-2015 06:28 AM
    Thanks, but the odd thing is that his contact already has his Skype messaging linked. I tried removing and re-adding it but made no difference. Even though it is linked it does not show in his contact details that he's available for Skype Video like my other contacts.
    I ran into this problem too, the linking seems to be buggy. My solution was going to outlook.com and modify my contacts there (do the unlinking/relinking there instead of on the phone) That seems to force the contact list to refresh itself and add the Skype info back on the phone as well.
    11-26-2015 06:32 AM
    cant install touch and rate your device,m running latest build
    11-26-2015 07:05 AM
    is it just my phone or is somebody else's phone having trouble connecting to WiFi after the update.
    11-26-2015 08:00 AM
    maps apps crashing on startup, only waze is working, my offline map settings shows "something happened and we cant get to your maps, try again later" and nothing else, anyone know how to fix it? it could be as simple as deleting it but we cant access those files, thanks ms for making life so easy
    11-26-2015 08:01 AM
    is it just my phone or is somebody else's phone having trouble connecting to WiFi after the update.
    11-26-2015 08:12 AM
    1520 Display problems AGAIN!!!

There has been a lot of discussion about the display problems with the Lumia 1520 with many people claiming it is a hardware problem due to flexing. IF that is the cause can someone explain why it only happens with Windows 10. I have persevered this last 5 days to try to get 10 working and have rolled back to 8.1 and then back to 10 around 6 times. all clean installs and followed by hard reset as well, no restoring of any backups But still the problem persists

I am looking at it now as I type and there are scrolling screens, then double tap magnifications and back to normal size, random apps opening, occasional machine gun sounds as it types 20 or so random characters into a text box, sometimes cortana will suddenly tell me she hasnt understood something I haven't even said.
    If I roll back to 8.1 it will work perfectly so there is no way this is a hardware problem - the devil takes over my phone totally! If I knew how to post it on here I would take a video of the screen to prove it !!
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    11-26-2015 09:02 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet so sorry, but I didn't have the time to go through the entire topic - Is it just me or the emoticons in skype (messaging app) aren't animated? They're shown as a stuck animation and I cant get them to "move" no matter what. The other thing is that in skype conversations I can't see when someone sends me a photo, it says "unsupported message format" or something, also I can't attach photos either and I thought that was implement in the app, or am I wrong?
    11-26-2015 09:32 AM
    1520 Display problems AGAIN!!!

There has been a lot of discussion about the display problems with the Lumia 1520 with many people claiming it is a hardware problem due to flexing. IF that is the cause can someone explain why it only happens with Windows 10. I have persevered this last 5 days to try to get 10 working and have rolled back to 8.1 and then back to 10 around 6 times. all clean installs and followed by hard reset as well, no restoring of any backups But still the problem persists

I am looking at it now as I type and there are scrolling screens, then double tap magnifications and back to normal size, random apps opening, occasional machine gun sounds as it types 20 or so random characters into a text box, sometimes cortana will suddenly tell me she hasnt understood something I haven't even said.
    If I roll back to 8.1 it will work perfectly so there is no way this is a hardware problem - the devil takes over my phone totally! If I knew how to post it on here I would take a video of the screen to prove it !!
    It's so random I don't know what to think of it. But I've had it on both 8.1 and 10. However now when I'm on 8.1, after disabling both Glance Screen and Touch I haven't had a ghost touch or tap instead of scroll for over 24 hours while it happened like every 10 minutes before. In some way it seems like hardware AND software issue. Weirdly enough I get a lot more tap instead of scroll while on 10 than on 8.1. I haven't gotten a single one of them in two days now when I think of it. I only had the phantom touch issue now on 8.1 pretty frequently but not since I disabled Glance and Touch.
    11-26-2015 10:22 AM
    When is the next Build Coming up ? no features in this one , and the reboot loop is a nasty problem
    11-26-2015 11:10 AM
    It's so random I don't know what to think of it. But I've had it on both 8.1 and 10. However now when I'm on 8.1, after disabling both Glance Screen and Touch I haven't had a ghost touch or tap instead of scroll for over 24 hours while it happened like every 10 minutes before. In some way it seems like hardware AND software issue. Weirdly enough I get a lot more tap instead of scroll while on 10 than on 8.1. I haven't gotten a single one of them in two days now when I think of it. I only had the phantom touch issue now on 8.1 pretty frequently but not since I disabled Glance and Touch.
    I had very very infrequent occurrences in the past with 8.1 and I have said elsewhere that I thought pushing the SD card holder in seemed to cure it but may have been coincidence. The fault on 10 can start right away or a couple of minutes after booting it, but it is then constant ! Soft reboot sometimes works ... but ( and it is if I can manage to get control in order to do it) a normal shut-down will then give me two minutes use. Another problem that is strange is some words I have to enter twice before they appear on screen the first time nothing is displayed even though it was correctly typed !

I have just done a hard reset and monitored the process carefully. After the initial install the screen seemed very stable for quite some time, it then installed numerous apps such as here drive etc and was still stable. However the next stage is the installation of updates to the apps just loaded, it is after this process that the screen gets possessed by the devil ! I did hard reset twice and the second time I turned off wifi to stop installation of the apps and the phone was great ! Similarly after the apps had been installed I turned off wifi again to stop the updates and the phone has worked perfectly for an hour. Soon as the updates installed the mayhem started again
    Last edited by Wes Halton; 11-26-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Extra Information
    11-26-2015 11:37 AM
    I got Glance and touch screen updates last night on a Lumia 830, and Glance weather still doesn't work for the built-in weather app or Amazing Weather HD? Anyone else seen these updates and have the same issue?
    11-26-2015 01:49 PM
    After doing a hard reset on my 1020 everything works much better except for battery utilization, even after disabling most of the background task for most apps which I've never done in 8.1. I also tried disabling sync settings and it didn't do much, it seems that on Wi-Fi it's almost ok but as soon as I go full cell it starts to drop fairly quickly. On a day like today with very little use I would normally get about 24 hours on 8.1 with battery saver triggering around midnight. With W10M I get about 6 hours before hitting battery saver and even with that enabled I'm lucky to get another 30-40 mins.

Reverting back to 8.1 now, hope to be back soon as I do prefer 10.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    11-26-2015 02:05 PM
    I got Glance and touch screen updates last night on a Lumia 830, and Glance weather still doesn't work for the built-in weather app or Amazing Weather HD? Anyone else seen these updates and have the same issue?
    Those apps would need to be updated for WM10. Third party apps were not allowed to to use the glance screen API on WP8.1 so I highly doubt Microsoft would have enabled it on WM10.
    511pf likes this.
    11-26-2015 04:30 PM
1,069 ... 3233343536 ...