10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil254

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 640 start screen is snappy now. My phone start screen was very slow before, but it is now just like Windows phone 8.1 which is very nice. Now I can use this as daily driver.

Last edited:

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
The installation progress bar stuck at 35% and 32% for 2 of my family member's 640XL. But then 1 hour later, it just states Preparing to Install. Geez.. Maybe my Internet connection though.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Definitely depends on the connection speed. Mine takes more than an hour. I did a reset, and went through the whole rigmarole.... 4 hours. The updating of 36+ apps/settings on my 830 takes a bit as time. I learn to leave the phone alone... put one a couple of Star Wars episode, coffee...etc etc

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
still did not solve the bugs:
1. Adjusting the display percentage cause phone dialpad becomes very small
2. Sometimes the app was removed but when I go to store and try to install it again, it shows the app is still installed. Only soft reset will solve the problem.
3. No forward button for Edge
4. No notification for Store app update

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Calendar seems to be broken, the tile doesn't update (unless I accidentally broke it with a privacy option?)

By the way, if I could just uninstall/reinstall the calendar app, the problem would probably be solved in a couple minutes. As it is, the only solution is to reinstall the entire OS, which takes hours and worse, loses many app settings (despite the "backup").

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
512 device, how are you? Do you still face freezing screen on 10586.29 ?? Ive update my lumia 720, no freezing screen so far, maybe im lucky hhaha
Edit : I got it after playing music and open photos app, freezing screen, ohh

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I use Cortana the same way. I have her set to always on but I relied on the ability to use the vol buttons to stop her mid-sentence. As with everything else in Windows 10, Microsoft has ruined the operating system and its features.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset 3X, fresh install, each time having different immediate live tile or app update problems. Very inconsistent, unlike previous updates. Disheartening.

vndtt

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my Lumia 535. First hard reset had me the Mail Tile broken. Second hard reset works fine so far. Except Cortana Tile, its still broken. I'm from Spain and Cortana's Live Tile don't work since two or three OS releases

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Either of my L1020/521 does not like new xxx.29 folks!! They lost their smoothness. L1020 heats up, drains battery fast and crawling like snail sometimes. This cumulative update not good for my phones. If there is a way to rollback cumulative update, that would be great!!

Staying where I am at this point then! 1020 on 8.1

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am on L930 and cant send mms as well☺

***edit, suddenly I can send mms again, I haven't done a reset or anything else to solve the problem my self****

Last edited:

asikis

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have installed .29 to my 830 with normal update as well. No issues with the apps update on store.
In general it seems to be a little bit faster than previous SW build with less loading and resuming screens.

But I still get sporadic reboots on 830, maybe one every 1-2 days. I have read that these reboots will be solved when official, per mobile model, SW comes out, i.e. official 830 update SW that will include the correct drivers for every device.
Lets see what's next.

Hopefully MSFT will also release new updates for their native apps to make it also faster and more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon