10.0.10586.29 - here she comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I went to this version from 8.1. I am sure this has been covered, but in most of my apps, when the keyboard pops up to type, the app goes black and cannot see it or what I am typing. Any ideas?

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you right now, my experience with Windows 10 Mobile is much better on the 950 than it was on my 640. I was using the 640 as a daily driver up until last week and didn't find the experience all that bad. Especially for a technical preview. And where are you seeing the 950 priced at $700? Now you're just over exaggerating.

Really? The 650 is $598 before taxes and fees ..... Heaven forbid one would pick the XL . In addition I'm not investing without some type of insurance on the device... Need a back cover to make your "flagship" feel like a flagship.. add another $$$ so $700 is very REAL.

If the device and OS worked as expected.... (Can I get a wake up alarm please ? Can I stay connected via Bluetooth to my vehicle and actually hear music ? Get notification sounds reliably? ) then maybe it is a good "value" ... Unfortunately I'm not so na?ve to believe that all these issues are "phone specific" I've been in IT for 25 years... please.. those are excuses. This is the SAME code that was just shipped to a "production" phone (650/XL) ... not impressing me and I'm a LONG time MS advocate. I have been a Sys Admin and manager of all things MS (and still am).. You want me to support/recommend W10M to my organization as an IT Manager? Please. There is point at which you need stuff to "Just work" for daily tasks.

Not really interested in a two year old OS (8.1) ... so what are my options? Android (security nightmare). IOS (almost unmanageable). or explain to those that watch me struggle to get things to work (most of them IT professionals) with a device that should "just work" for those tasks (can I have an alarm please?)

FWIW.... No alarm again this morning and I did a hard reset (PITA) yesterday afternoon.. Bluetooth still hit or miss.. Cortana is so slow for reading and responding to SMS that might just turn that off... :(

I am NOT complaining I'm stating facts here. And one of them is there's a point at which.. you just have to move to something else. Got BLACKBERRY ? I personally turned off multiple BES servers. MS is well on their way as well....

/rant

PS .... I didn't even start on the "App Gap" issue ;-)

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My out of pocket for the 950 was a little over $300, including fees, taxes, a Mozo back and protection plan on contract. The iPhone 6S is $299 before adding anything. In the US, this is the price most people will pay. Also, let's talk about that "flagship" feel... who do you know that doesn't put a case on those easily scratched and dinged metal-bodied phones? Everyone does. Delicate phone requiring chubby rubber/plastic case = flagship feel? smh

I get a wake up alarm every day, my BT stays connected to my Pioneer appRadio and I play music from my phone every day, and all my notification sounds are reliable. I don't even get your Cortana complaint. I use it to read/send texts in my car daily and it's normal conversational speed.

I'm sorry you're having issues, but I'm certainly not.

Last edited:

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
After i`ve done a hard reset and used the phone for a few days i can finally say that this is a build worth for RTM (at least for my Lumia 930). No bugs, no fast battery drain even when not in use. The only thing that still bugs me is that i can`t get the FB app to 10.1 .. for some reason i`m stuck with the v 8.3.7

And i totally got to love the 250% text size. Having 4 rows on the screen and getting to see more apps when using Task switcher is a charm. It takes a bit to get used to the smaller fonts but after a day or two you won`t go back to 3 rows.

I admit that 3 or 4 builds ago i was pretty sceptic about Windows 10 every being ready or as good as 8.1 but with this build i`m convinced that MS will manage to bring a very good OS, all that remains is developers to bring more apps... core social apps are a must to bring costumers, the rest of the apps will flow by themselves with time.

wp_ss_20151209_0005.jpg wp_ss_20151209_0006.jpg

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Really? The 650 is $598 before taxes and fees ..... Heaven forbid one would pick the XL . In addition I'm not investing without some type of insurance on the device... Need a back cover to make your "flagship" feel like a flagship.. add another $$$ so $700 is very REAL.

If the device and OS worked as expected.... (Can I get a wake up alarm please ? Can I stay connected via Bluetooth to my vehicle and actually hear music ? Get notification sounds reliably? ) then maybe it is a good "value" ... Unfortunately I'm not so na?ve to believe that all these issues are "phone specific" I've been in IT for 25 years... please.. those are excuses. This is the SAME code that was just shipped to a "production" phone (650/XL) ... not impressing me and I'm a LONG time MS advocate. I have been a Sys Admin and manager of all things MS (and still am).. You want me to support/recommend W10M to my organization as an IT Manager? Please. There is point at which you need stuff to "Just work" for daily tasks.

Not really interested in a two year old OS (8.1) ... so what are my options? Android (security nightmare). IOS (almost unmanageable). or explain to those that watch me struggle to get things to work (most of them IT professionals) with a device that should "just work" for those tasks (can I have an alarm please?)

FWIW.... No alarm again this morning and I did a hard reset (PITA) yesterday afternoon.. Bluetooth still hit or miss.. Cortana is so slow for reading and responding to SMS that might just turn that off... :(

I am NOT complaining I'm stating facts here. And one of them is there's a point at which.. you just have to move to something else. Got BLACKBERRY ? I personally turned off multiple BES servers. MS is well on their way as well....

/rant

PS .... I didn't even start on the "App Gap" issue ;-)

agree with you on the bolds... they need to fix these asap. i was late to work this morning

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
At this point in my very long technology career, resetting/flashing/DFU'ing/whatever-ing and restoring mobile phones has become second nature to me. I never quite understand the near fear, panic and worry people demonstrate with doing these things - a hard reset and restore is mere muscle memory to me on iOS/Android/Windows Phone, as it is on a PC with regards to backing up and restoring with "Aomei Backupper" - one just calmly moves one's wrist, executes the long established muscle memory recall, taps a few times subconsciously and carries on with what they're doing at the same time. No big deal, just another day in technology - this is a routine just like washing your face or making coffee - no focused thought or excessive effort or ANY kind of "panic" required :)

My only gripe is that as an Xbox Music Pass member, I can only delete one Music Pass device every 30 days. Too many and guess what, I can't download music!

ilgulamc

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
On Lumia 720 works smooth. A little slow because of the 512Mb limitation but fine. Sometimes (1 or 2 times a day) the phone freezes and you need to press volume down + power buttons to reboot. All in all it is usable.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
All working OK on 1320. Even Cortana behaving now! One freeze, but today, freeze free. Finally worked out the heat issue on mine as well. My own fault. Using a hudl2 charger which runs 2 amps on charge!! D'oh. Been behaving since I dropped to a lower amp charger.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if already discussed in this lengthy thread, but does anyone have issues with the camera not working with this build? The camera app on my 1520 starts, but is not able to start the viewfinder, the app is unresponsive and cannot take a picture from the rear/main camera. I managed to restart the phone, which fixed it once, but no longer works as a workaround. I did a reset, which also fixed it, but the problem eventually resurfaced.

20151209_124351-1.jpg

Crocography

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Well finally decided to take the plunge on my Nokia 920.

First time I tried to update I received the error: 0x80070070. And I thought to myself do I really want to do this or not. But I decided to try. First thing I did was move all my images, videos and music to my computer's desktop then I performed a hard reset my phone, restored from my backup, then received the denim update (again) and then I looked at my screen. About 10 apps I could no longer get unfortunately and that kinda p!ssed me off. But I said what the hell, lets move on. Those apps take forever to load BTW.

Tried the WIndows Insider update again and immediately got the new error message: "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again."... sh!t...

Back to square one with no updates and a phone missing a few apps that I always used.

Tried again from scratch but instead this time I tried getting the WIndows insider app to work after the initial hard reset without loading anything on it. Didn't work again, received the "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again."...

Tried again, just to get back to where I was. Got it back to yesterday with the aforementioned missing apps.

I am done.

Want the 950 but it is too expensive for what it is (my opinion), will jump ship and buy the Nexus 5X instead this weekend. Need more apps for my home automation anyway that are just not available on the windows platform. Plus my 920 doesn't have the best reception for me anyway and MS has ported all their exclusivity over to the other platforms making it so easy to switch.

Last edited:

chris_the_jedi

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I updated on Monday and I've been having a few major issues. First off, the W10 Mobile OS is gorgeous. There, now that I've said that I can start complaining. My two biggest issues are sending/receiving MMS texts and sending/receiving pictures through Outlook. When I send a picture via text it often either sends the wrong picture or just sends what looks like several lines of code. Whenever I receive a picture it crashes my messaging app and wont open that person's thread. I have to delete the thread and start a new one.

In Outlook, It does the same thing where it sends the wrong picture. When I'm sent a picture it won't open. Any one else having these issues? I really want to keep using my Lumia 640, but if I have to sacrifice basic functions like this I'll have to go back to my Moto X Pure. Thanks.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I apologize if already discussed in this lengthy thread, but does anyone have issues with the camera not working with this build? The camera app on my 1520 starts, but is not able to start the viewfinder, the app is unresponsive and cannot take a picture from the rear/main camera. I managed to restart the phone, which fixed it once, but no longer works as a workaround. I did a reset, which also fixed it, but the problem eventually resurfaced.

No sorry, not having that issue...
Battery drain has leveled off and seems good through today but still can't get into Text notification sounds??
Did you try a hard reset also?? I'm wondering if we should have gone back to 8.1 before upgrading to 10586.29??? Maybe I'll do that with the next update, lord knows that shouldn't be too far off lol.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No sorry, not having that issue...
Battery drain has leveled off and seems good through today but still can't get into Text notification sounds??
Did you try a hard reset also?? I'm wondering if we should have gone back to 8.1 before upgrading to 10586.29??? Maybe I'll do that with the next update, lord knows that shouldn't be too far off lol.

Yes, I did a hard reset which fixed it, but the problem has come back. Would suck to keep resetting it.

So far no issue with my Icon. Fingers crossed.

Deth_CrimsonX

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Had similar problems. Did a hard reset, phone went to BitLocker recovery. Had to use that program to connect the phone to the tablet/pc. My issue was the insider update conflicted with the general release.

Stopped the insider program. All is up and running.hope you guys sort your stuff out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital