i like windows 10 mobile but here are some of the things i don't like in windows 10 mobile UI

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
all images taking from bing search i don't know to whom they belong to

4Ticlcx.jpg

BP2riws.jpg

jODoroj.jpg

rMBevGj.jpg

9meMW2q.png

fjB6XUw.jpg

7PEBmN6.png

MbhYwRx.jpg

0WCkwfa.png

ZIzWrgT.png

7woR2cy.png

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I also hate the blank space. It's especially visible on my 1520 on which I even lowered scaling.
However I'd rather have empty space, than ugly space. They should try to use it better, but if they can't, just let it be like this.
Ehh.. I agree with all these people in general, that Win10M could look way better, and that there's so much that should be improved.
Currently it's like - it's functional, and it's not terribly ugly, so it's ok. And it shouldn't be like that. Too bad MS rarely looks at feedback like all those concept arts, and even less often uses it.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
It looks like a bunch of two year old question marks all over a screen.

I mean, if it is empty space, what do you want them to fill it up with, its a settings menu, nothing like Cortana or any other core apps.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think OP would like it if the menus were more centralized? I don't mind the blank space, in fact, I'm only noticing it now that you bring it up.

Looks fine to me tho

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The blank space you're having an issue with is so people using their phones with their left hand don't have to reach over uncomfortably to hit something where their thumb can't reach easily. Sure, some information there would be nice, but not sure what could be there.

Welcome to suggestions though.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The blank space you're having an issue with is so people using their phones with their left hand don't have to reach over uncomfortably to hit something where their thumb can't reach easily. Sure, some information there would be nice, but not sure what could be there.

Welcome to suggestions though.

Send a feedback for creating a sort of "left handed screen setting". It should be the first phone with it

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to make an assumption. You circled Background Photo ON, in Glance Screen app, which I believe you are questioning why not have the Background Photo appear in the background of screens, especially those "ugly" with blank space.

I too would like this, however many backgrounds I use and like as my Start screen and Lock screen are AWFUL for viewing white text whether stationary or scrolling. I'm using bright Autumn images now with light browns, oranges and yellows. White text is hard to see. I use a weather app who's text is almost impossible to see at times when the app is open and certain within app backgrounds are used depending on time of day and current weather. The photos are beautiful, but data is very hard to read sometimes. Same for the OS itself depending on a users background photo.

I don't like that White is the only color of tile icons, with the exception of some apps that don't offer transparent tiles. It would be nice if the OS could determine a text and icon color that best contrasted the overall background image thus offering the best legibility, but for now it's white (dark mode, High Contrast mode off).

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Haha! Never understood the hate against empty spaces. True empty spaces look ugly, but only when there is too much space between grid of icons, like in iPad Pro. In lists, they are perfectly fine though. In fact, the touch screen area for an item in a list extend to empty space so you just don't have to reach to tap exactly on top of it. You could just tap in empty space in front of the list item and it will open. Other than that, why would you hate empty spaces just for the sake of it. You can't just fill every inch of every screen with items and information. It will be too much clutter. Already, there are people who find W10m start screen to be too much clutter.
The only UI/UX problem I agree with is the inconsistency. I hope Microsoft figure out a way for a consistent and functional UI/UX design and soon.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Nothing wrong with some white space, surely Windows Phone 10 lacks consistency like Windows Phone 8.1. But it will get there. Hopefully they pump out alot of frequently updates and continue to polish apps.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
For some odd reason I believe we should stop complaining about those empty space... Otherwise MS might start putting ads in those spaces.....

Or, maybe they were meant to free up those spaces in the first place...

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm a big fan of those empty spaces. It makes the UI look clean and uncluttered, and focusses the eye on what is important. The power of white space is well understood in the paper publishing industry.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of those empty spaces. It makes the UI look clean and uncluttered, and focusses the eye on what is important. The power of white space is well understood in the paper publishing industry.

Reading Mode comes to mind, as do team jerseys sans sponsorship attached everywhere.

WalrusTangerine

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Also, those action center icons are supposed to be both gray and colorful. They're gray when the specific function is off and colored when the specific function is on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon