Windows Phone was my war room for over 4 years, now I just want to cry after trying 10

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I fill my start screen with contacts and contact groups in Windows Phone. By doing so, I can at a glance of the live tiles and assess if I missed any important calls, emails, texts, and posts and how important based on which group the contact is in. My two bosses have their own tile. I've been waiting many years for a flagship device being from Canada and I still can't order one.

I decided to join the insider program to get .29 on my 635 since it must soon be RTM. My heart sank after loading 10. Contact tiles are just dumb shortcuts and the groups are useless. Does anyone know if these features are coming soon? I'd trade all the apps in the world to have my "war room" back. Microsoft is looking for feedback, and I've voted things up as best I could. They are listening a tiny bit as linked mail boxes are finally back.

-Jason

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the groups, I used them similarly and was quite disappointed. I said in another post, Microsoft is slowly taking away things that make Windows Phone unique. Once they reach parity I will jump ship.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, the elegant people hub had evolved into an average contact list..... With a consistence round theme towards the IOS / Android world......

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No real downside to sticking with WP8.1 when that WORKS, roll back and enjoy the contact live tile goodness..... :)

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
The remaining unique feature for me is the Cortana phone contact work around for my Uconnect/qnx based car. However, Cortana isn't working with the yet another new torn down music app that is named after a failed office product. I can ask Cortana how to say "butt cheek" in any language, but I can't get her to play music in the car yet.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The remaining unique feature for me is the Cortana phone contact work around for my Uconnect/qnx based car. However, Cortana isn't working with the yet another new torn down music app that is named after a failed office product. I can ask Cortana how to say "butt cheek" in any language, but I can't get her to play music in the car yet.

Yes, the voice control was very good in 8.1, they have broken that for sure. Keep wanting to roll back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon