I have Lumia 1520 W8.1, should I get W10 Insider slow or fast updates?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I want to try out windows 10 insider, should I go with slow or fast ring, how stable is fast ring these days?

Both have the same builds right now.. Choose slow to get slow updates and fast for fast.. From jan fast is going to get a lot of builds and those builds might be more buggy than what we get now.. So i suggest you to choose slow

NOOB4LIFE

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I want to try out windows 10 insider, should I go with slow or fast ring, how stable is fast ring these days?
If this 1520 is your daily driver then you should just upgrade to the build 10586.36 ( which is the public release version for newer lumias ) which is available to both rings and then leave the insider program to save yourself some frustration.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If this 1520 is your daily driver then you should just upgrade to the build 10586.36 ( which is the public release version for newer lumias ) which is available to both rings and then leave the insider program to save yourself some frustration.

One cant simply,leave the insider program without flashing the device using recovery tool. Simply uninstalling the insider app wont get u out of it

NOOB4LIFE

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
One cant simply,leave the insider program without flashing the device using recovery tool. Simply uninstalling the insider app wont get u out of it
You can stop getting insider previews by leaving the program for which there's an option in the insider app. And the process is quite simple you just have to select the leave insider program option( located in the ellipse menu in the bottom right corner ) which will take you to the Microsoft account webpage where you have to confirm bu logging in and that's it.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
You can stop getting insider previews by leaving the program for which there's an option in the insider app. And the process is quite simple you just have to select the leave insider program option( located in the ellipse menu in the bottom right corner ) which will take you to the Microsoft account webpage where you have to confirm bu logging in and that's it.
So what's the use of the upgrade then? When you will still ccontinue to be an insider with an insider build I believe(though u stop updates), and just because you have later opted out of it, I dont think, the device with the insider build would receive official W10M when available. You anyway have to restore to 8.1 by recovery

joshualafleur

May 30, 2013
Visit site
No. It will ruin your camera and video experience. Finally went back to 8.1 after running every build of w10m on my icon. Got sick of video being recorded in mono.

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
No. It will ruin your camera and video experience. Finally went back to 8.1 after running every build of w10m on my icon. Got sick of video being recorded in mono.

I've read numerous complaints from people that own a 1520 running Win10 Mobile.
Makes one wonder if it'll ever run right on the 1520 seeings how I guess the .36 build was released w/the new phones?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Do it. If for some reason it doesn't run well, then reinstall 8.1. I'm running the latest build on my 1520 and l don't have any major problems.

NOOB4LIFE

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So what's the use of the upgrade then? When you will still ccontinue to be an insider with an insider build I believe(though u stop updates), and just because you have later opted out of it, I dont think, the device with the insider build would receive official W10M when available. You anyway have to restore to 8.1 by recovery

You won't be insider anymore i believe and will get only official builds rather than insider builds. And this is only good for those who use the phone as daily driver because insider builds can be little irritating ( Buggy / laggy ) sometimes

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
You won't be insider anymore i believe and will get only official builds rather than insider builds.

But isn't official build to update requires WP 8.1 with denim? Will it also recognize the device running preview to be updated with official when available?

NOOB4LIFE

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
But isn't official build to update requires WP 8.1 with denim? Will it also recognize the device running preview to be updated with official when available?

Yes it will recognise 10586.36 builds for further official release no need to go back to 8.1.
Love it☺
Btw, 10586 is the official public release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium