Groove Music Won't Open

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I've been mostly happily using Groove Music on my 1520.3. But today, it won't open. I'm wondering if my update to 10586.63 had something to do with it. Anyone else?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for me but I'm not on the insider preview. I press the tile, there's the 'opening app' animation (i.e. zoom to black screen) and then it returns to the home screen.

A few manual restarts (i.e. shutdown and then startup) wouldn't fix it but a soft reset with the power & volume down buttons seemed to for about 2 hrs. BUT now it won't open again and 5 soft resets have so far made no difference.

I'm on a Lumia 950 running build 10586.29

EDIT: Microsoft Support tells me I need to do a factory reset. Seems crazy for a misbehaving app.

Last edited:

albe231

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So if I open the store app, hamburger button to select music, and then select my music from the main page it will open groove. As long as groove is at least suspended you can reopen it via back button hold. But it still will dump to home page if trying to open via tile, or from volume drop down.

Robert Rinne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks for the tip.
Working through the Store did the trick.
And I swear to God it worked all morning the day of 01/15/2016. I paused it to have a conversation with someone who came to my desk, went to turn it back on, saw that it had shut down (wasn't surprised as I was on Windows Insider FAST update), and went to start the app back up and nothing.
It's a new Lumia 830, so I popped the battery to reset, still nothing.

But this, going through the store, worked like a charm.

Regards,
RAR

Kumar Shakti

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Same issue for me but I'm not on the insider preview. I press the tile, there's the 'opening app' animation (i.e. zoom to black screen) and then it returns to the home screen.

A few manual restarts wouldn't fix it but a soft reset with the power & volume down buttons and more than 10 soft resets have so far made no difference.

I'm on a Lumia 535 running anniversary update. i am totally fed up with microsoft and its service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes