06-16-2016 06:12 AM
326 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'm going back to Win 8.1 and then prod 10. This is the first slow ring release that has made my phone unusable. Apps were not starting. Apparently lost my windows account which caused People to be empty and that caused messaging to crash every time I tried to start it. But even after getting that synced properly my phone (640 LTE) is randomly rebooting.
    Go to Settings, Storage, and move all your SD apps to phone temporarly
    04-05-2016 02:36 AM
    Go to Settings, Storage, and move all your SD apps to phone temporarly
    I don't have an SD card installed so that couldn't have been the issue. But thanks for the suggestion.
    04-05-2016 06:45 AM
    I don't have an SD card installed so that couldn't have been the issue. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Build works well on 640 according to forum. Fist insert account credentials, People will populate in hours (live tile too). Apps not opening means Store didn't still update them. Check download list, you'll find a lot of pendings
    04-05-2016 06:58 AM
    Yesterday while in airplane mode Outlook crashed to the start screen simply while I was typing a message. Earlier while still online I had the 'send' arrow go grayed out, so I couldn't send until I restarted the phone. Not great for a slow ring release.
    04-05-2016 07:23 AM
    Yesterday while in airplane mode Outlook crashed to the start screen simply while I was typing a message. Earlier while still online I had the 'send' arrow go grayed out, so I couldn't send until I restarted the phone. Not great for a slow ring release.
    Outlook got antoher update
    04-05-2016 07:56 AM
    I'm going from one Verizon SIM to another. This should work fine. Every other device I have handles this fine. Other Windows Mobile devices have worked fine in the past.
    04-05-2016 08:34 AM
    Cortana from Band works?
    04-05-2016 10:04 AM
    I am experiencing the very same. I was skeptical in updating it, but to be honest, Windows 10.10586.071 had already screwed it up where I can't charge using USB or connect to a PC. So I now have a new issue, phone keeps rebooting, and each time I try open certain applications, then phone just restarts. I can't go back to Windows 8.1 update 2, and now I can't go back to 10.10586.164 which for me was the most stable of the Windows 10 versions. Once this phone stops working, I plan to go back Android, though I really was enjoying my Windows phone, till Windows insider preview. My fault overall, but, I lose off Microsoft.
    04-05-2016 01:15 PM
    Cortana from Band works?
    Cortana on mine doesn't work (can't find the band it says). It hasn't in a long time. However since latest Health update I can now respond to SMS about 80% of the time.
    04-05-2016 06:10 PM
    OK, this is getting ridiculous. They pushed this update to the slow ring also, which it is nowhere near ready for. I can hardly do squat with my phone right now, and being on the fast ring, I expect some of that from time to time. However, on the slow ring, things really should not be this unstable. So now, my wife's phone is going to be jacked as well. F. I really hope MSFT pushes an update soon to address some of these issues.
    04-05-2016 08:45 PM
    Can anyone else not download anything from the store to their SD Card? I have to download everything to my phone and manually move it to my SD Card.
    04-05-2016 09:00 PM
    Even after closing all tabs,Edge still remembers my last closed tab and its not closed.
    Same here. Edge also crashes a lot when I type in the adressbar.
    04-06-2016 03:45 AM
    So I've been running this build since it's launch on my 950 XL and I really must say my device is performing much better. I get almost a full day of battery life and I'm not experiencing most of the issues being reported here. I'm still seeing the lock screen bug of not being presented with a keypad but much less frequently than the last build. It's only happened twice since install. The other bug I've reported via Feedback is that my new Visual Voicemail's aren't showing in the phone app unless I force close the app and restart it. Other than those two items, I like this build on my hardware.
    04-06-2016 10:21 AM
    So I've been running this build since it's launch on my 950 XL and I really must say my device is performing much better. I get almost a full day of battery life and I'm not experiencing most of the issues being reported here. I'm still seeing the lock screen bug of not being presented with a keypad but much less frequently than the last build. It's only happened twice since install. The other bug I've reported via Feedback is that my new Visual Voicemail's aren't showing in the phone app unless I force close the app and restart it. Other than those two items, I like this build on my hardware.
    Glad to hear it. I decided to roll back this morning, so now I am in the process of reinstalling, but on the release version of Insider rather than the fast or slow ring.
    04-06-2016 10:37 AM
    The issues of Gadgets not working and lock screen notifications not showing up are the major glitches I'm having as well on my 640 XL. I haven't tried my Band 2 yet - I'll try that when I get home this afternoon.

One thing I'm seeing is that sometimes the status bar turns white during an app launch or closing. I sometimes see this when I launch the WC app and I've seen it when closing Outlook mail. The bar will return to normal when the open/close is finished.

I like that they fixed the Groove song title glitch.
    04-06-2016 10:46 AM
    That's only for Win10 eligible phones. As wrote on official Win10 release note, non-upgradable phones stop at Threshold 10586 build (and its cumulative updates if released)
    Yes. I got. I've downgraded my phone back to 8.1. It's working fine. Now my phone is not freezes anymore. But I wanna 41 MP camera phone with windows 10.. Any idea about next phone like 1020.. something maybe 1050...?
    04-06-2016 12:28 PM
    I have a Lumia 1520 and here are the reasons that i reverted back to 8.1 mobile:

1. On the PIN sign in screen the touch is incredibly over sensitive to the point of the screen randomly touching without touching the screen. The sensitivity of the screen has quadrupled to the point of non usability.
    2. The phone is constantly crashing and requiring restarts before an app will work.
    3. The RAW images are not true RAW images and the camera constantly crashes to the home screen. Also cannot add images to Texts or email without the phone crashing to the home screen.
    4. Several Apps will not update and there is no way to remove them from the list permanently.

The simple things that just worked in 8.1 are simply broken in 10.. As Microsoft has chosen to break windows mobile i will stay on 8.1 until they get their **** together..
    04-06-2016 12:49 PM
    Battery drain is higher than the last build. Since I've installed this build. My average drain is around 6.5%, sometimes as high as 7%, per hour with average use.
    04-06-2016 04:21 PM
    Hello everyone, I had one doubt. I guess I missed the announcement regrading this one.
    Phones like 720, 820, 920, 925 etc won't even get these insider builds anymore even if we are in the windows insider program?
    04-06-2016 07:10 PM
    Cannot sync pic folder to onedrive! Its really annoying I want to sync my whatsapp pics to OneDrive and cant.
    04-06-2016 07:18 PM
    Hello everyone, I had one doubt. I guess I missed the announcement regrading this one.
    Phones like 720, 820, 920, 925 etc won't even get these insider builds anymore even if we are in the windows insider program?
    Only builds 10586.XXX
    04-07-2016 02:43 AM
    Cannot sync pic folder to onedrive! Its really annoying I want to sync my whatsapp pics to OneDrive and cant.
    MS OneDrive sync only MS folders like Screenshot, Saved pics, Roll, not 3rd party apps
    If you deside save on OneDrive, you can:

1) when using WhatsApp, you see a pic you desire to upload, simply ap on it and Save. It will go directly in Saved folder, then auto uploaded
    2) when browsing Whatsapp pics thumbs, you can select all you pics you like then Share to OneDrive
    04-07-2016 02:47 AM
    I just had to reset my phone, after all the apps installed on phone memory were simply gone.. Only settings worked, the phone memory said 5.07GB used out of 7.28GB, this never happens. I have a Lumia 640XL, I got windows 10 when it came officially, and then I switched to insider. This build was horrible as ****, apps like UC Browser and 6tag just wouldn't open. When I played videos in landscape mode, any otherwise activity on the screen would make it go blinking like crazy. This sucks..
    04-07-2016 12:56 PM
    I just had to reset my phone, after all the apps installed on phone memory were simply gone.. Only settings worked, the phone memory said 5.07GB used out of 7.28GB, this never happens. I have a Lumia 640XL, I got windows 10 when it came officially, and then I switched to insider. This build was horrible as ****, apps like UC Browser and 6tag just wouldn't open. When I played videos in landscape mode, any otherwise activity on the screen would make it go blinking like crazy. This sucks..
    Leave insider, stay on official. You are one of the few unlucks with 640 :( A lot use it without iussues
    04-07-2016 01:04 PM
    Leave insider, stay on official. You are one of the few unlucks with 640 :( A lot use it without iussues

Like me I have had no issue with it runs good ya a few glitches here and there but overall 95% satisfied! Brilliant phone love my 640 XL.
    04-07-2016 07:24 PM
326 ... 910111213 ...