W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

BenLumia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

T-Mobile 640.

Windows 10 from Productiom Ring is very stable, it has no issues at all i was using it on my Lumia 640 with No Problem. Even tho i have installed 14295.100(Redstone) today, the performance is kinda better than that Last Build, but few minor bugs. Battery life is even better now (for real), Facebook and Messenger are running fast on this Build too, (Probably the all Appications rus smooth). Lumia 640 LTE AT&T.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Everything is working fine on mine aside from the fact that no text messages backups came in.. I had to start a threads altogether. I have tried hard reset and soft reset but to no avail there is still no message backups.. I've event tried switching on and off the download text message backups and I also changed the how long ago they download from a month to a year to of all time. Anyone having the same issue or know how to fix?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I thought they had fixed the maps app UI in landscape, but there's still a giant horizontal bar blocking the top 30% of the screen.

Also not thrilled that HERE Drive stopped working.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Weust

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Got a Lumia 950 last Friday to replace my Lumia 925. As with the 925 I enrolled it in the Fast Ring.
Everything went fine, till this morning when I wanted to check my e-mail and calendar.
Both apps won't start, and return to the start screen immediately.
Screen blacks and returns, not even showing the apps.

I noticed there was an update for the Mail and Calendar app, so I updated it.
But even after a restart of the phone the app(s) won't start.

Very annoying as the calendar on my phone is the one I use as my main one to combine several calendars.
Private, work, Facebook.

If anyone knows of a workaround/fix for this, that would be great.
Otherwise I am stepping down a ring level or even restore the phone.
Which I would really hate as I have just set everything up :-(

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to simply back up an install to before Redstone? I been with WP for a while and haven't heard of one, but I would hate to do a hard reset. What I am dealing with right now is pretty darn frustrating.

Prodip Saha

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

Hi GKun :
I turned off the phone (press and hold the middle button)
The, I went to the Store app but it would not open. This is when I did a soft reset (don't want to lose my data).
To soft reset- press and hold the middle button + while holding press and hold the low volume button. It may take few seconds.
I went back to Store app and it came up this time.
I did see the affected apps are lined up for update. Why they did not get auto update? I have no idea.
So, I updated them all.
Restarted the phone- still issues.
Restarted and went back to Store app. To my surprise, those same apps needed update again! So, I updated them again.
Restarted the phone.
It is this time my apps became normal.

Well, I said apps are working normal. That's not 100% true. I see the similar symptoms (pressing home button closes already opened apps!). I just do a restart the phone and it works for a while.

I understand the codes are beta and bugs are expected. I am hopping for a better build soon and I should not have to do this phone restart business!

Last edited:

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Well, MSN Sports and MSN News have completely stopped working, try to uninstall MSN News and re install it. Getting error 0x8000700006 when trying to download. Powerpoint and Facebook Beta are getting the same error as well.

Lumia 640 XL Dual Sim

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi GKun :
I turned off the phone (press and hold the middle button)
The, I went to the Store app but it would not open. This is when I did a soft reset (don't want to lose my data).
To soft reset- press and hold the middle button + while holding press and hold the low volume button. It may take few seconds.
I went back to Store app and it came up this time.
I did see the affected apps are lined up for update. Why they did not get auto update? I have no idea.
So, I updated them all.
Restarted the phone- still issues.
Restarted and went back to Store app. To my surprise, those same apps needed update again! So, I updated them again.
Restarted the phone.
It is this time my apps became normal.

Well, I said apps are working normal. That's not 100% true. I see the similar symptoms (pressing home button closes already opened apps!). I just do a restart the phone and it works for a while.

I understand the codes are beta and bugs are expected. I am hopping for a better build soon and I should not have to do this phone restart business!

Soft reset is holding vol down + power, NOT only power

rogeriovalente

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

Hello everyone. I had problems with wifi in this build both on my Lumia 930 as in my notebook. Whenever I change a router to another, the connection fails and is hard work to reconnect. Yesterday I could not connect my laptop. I do not know if the problem is that a router is configured with WPA2 and others are configured with WPA.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I have a Verizon 735. If I change the SIM card I lose access to mobile data. WiFi still works, calling and SMS work also. Only fix I found was to factory reset.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have a Verizon 735. If I change the SIM card I lose access to mobile data. WiFi still works, calling and SMS work also. Only fix I found was to factory reset.

If you change sim card, your phone needs a new APN setting given by data carrier. Once done, phone remembers settings and switch itself when the sim is detected.
If you don't do that, APN will be lost and you cannot connect to data

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone. I had problems with wifi in this build both on my Lumia 930 as in my notebook. Whenever I change a router to another, the connection fails and is hard work to reconnect. Yesterday I could not connect my laptop. I do not know if the problem is that a router is configured with WPA2 and others are configured with WPA.

On build release news, they recommended using WPA2 protocols

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Just as one final 'F-You' from this build: I decide to factory reset to go back to production.... nope, the damn factory reset on the phone crashes too! Why not? Everything else in this build is a joke, why not this?

tauqir hasan

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site

Goto Cellular+SIM in settings. Set you connection speed (2G or 3G), check out APN settings. It will work.

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

So I found out why I am getting the error 0x8000700006. These apps can not be installed on an SD Card. My Facebook Beta and powerpoint have been on my SD Card since I began using w10m. I have very little room on my phone. (8gb is a STUPID amount of storage for any phone in this day and age) Hopefully it is just this build. I am down to 2.28GB of storage on my phone. My SD Card has 33GB of storage available. This is starting to feel more and more like Android, and I don't like it. I's not letting me install any apps to SD. Very disappointing.

Facebook and Instagram, to name a few are over 100mb, that is too large to be storing on a phone with 8gb of storage. Install 10 apps of 100+mb and that over a GB right there.

Thankfully it is letting me move some apps back to SD, none of the large ones though. Like I said. I remember having to deal with this on Android years ago.

xtro83

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site

Lot's of problems in latest build in lumia 640 dual.
1.When connect to cellular data phone was freeze.
2. When play video in any player screen is fluctuate.
3. Some time phone restart lots of time
4. Store is not working properly some time app is re-downloading.

I have the same problem, you have to soft reset 4 or 5 and you're off again ........

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I install the latest version in Lumia 540, I am having data connectivity issues while switching form Mobile data to wifi and vice versa. Some time screen get freezes while switching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon