W10M Insider Preview 14295 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14295 Issues (Redstone branch)

I really appreciate your comments because i know so little about all this. Thinking experimental is good I've made my phone a complete mess. Gone is the amazingly fast smooth running machine I bought. Now I've turned it into a buggy frustration just because I can't leave well enough alone, just to be on the cutting edge, where I don't belong. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm very sad and feel like I've ruined my beautiful phone.
Yea, it is not uncommon during development (on both ends these days...OS and Apps) that uninstalling, reinstalling, moving to SD card, moving to local storage...................ALL of these techniques become necessary as first steps in the process-of-elimination portion of official troubleshooting. But alas, after every attempt, our APP is not compatible with this build.
Really not a major concern, since we don't officially support the Redstone Branch in our production environment. But we have mistakenly left some devices in the wrong "Rings" because we didn't adjust for the recent changes that Microsoft made with the preview program. This build is the first to actually bite us. Thus I posted.

Windows Device Recovery is an easy (although time-staking) solution. And we will address the proper Ring membership at the same time.

Thanks though for the assistance.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

This latest insider preview made me go back to production release. A few apps didn't work anymore, even Runtastic was dead... I miss using my Polar H7 heart monitor since Windows10 Mobile but a build that doesn't support several essential apps is just terrible even if it has some wicked emoji...

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Setting for simcard still freezes my phone even with the latest Redstone build.
The interesting point is that when i put a different SIM in the phone, i have no more freezes. So there might be problems with my carrier and some bugs in windows.
With TH2 no problems instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12