Redstone 14342 Store UI

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Of course they do. The store app simply isn't finished yet, we're being lucky enough have been given a preview of the new app. This gives us the ability to offer feedback on issues and how we like the UI. It also gives Microsoft diagnostic results of load testing and performance. This way they get network/device traces from thousands of devices, which is a darned sight more useful than just a hundred or so from Microsoft staff using their own network.

And yet, two bugs that are not device model dependent, and really bloody obvious, shipped with the first version of this revised layout store app. So damn obvious in fact, that you wouldn't need 100 Microsofties to catch them, you'd need about 3!

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
My only real complaint about the current store on w10(not redstone) is the 1~2seconds delay to go back when i press the back button, happens in both my l535 and l640, maybe that's because they're low end devices i don't know. About the new ui, i think it's a step back in a lot of aspects, who thought all that scrolling down to find info is fun ? I kind of miss the more horizontal navigation in the wp8.1 store, i think it kept things more organized, one tab for descriptions, then you swipe to the right and it goes to a tab with the opinions and so on instead of a very long page with everything just thrown together at it, it looks crowded and kind of amateurish. I also don't like the new header(don't know if it's the right term) in the app's page, i prefer the current box with the color of the app and the description inside of it, instead of a photo with a feather effect applied.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Not a big fan of the app detail pages, I preferred the way it was on the previous version. I also don't like the new status bar for the download\install, looks like they removed the option to pause or cancel the install. I'll stick with the old one since it came back after a hard reset.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't find where the app description and app screenshots are
until they return, my thought about this new layout is: "this is pure crap"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon