Mail accounts not syncing in Outlook

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Just upgraded Lumia 640 to Windows Mobile 10. None of my mail accounts sync. It just shows dots moving across the screen with nothing happening. Tried deleting the accounts and recreating them many times. Worked fine under 8.1.

Could it be Outlook needs time to download backlog of emails from the new source as appearing busy before syncing?

Also unable to link the accounts. No Manage Accounts option.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded Lumia 640 to Windows Mobile 10. None of my mail accounts sync. It just shows dots moving across the screen with nothing happening. Tried deleting the accounts and recreating them many times. Worked fine under 8.1.

Could it be Outlook needs time to download backlog of emails from the new source as appearing busy before syncing?

Also unable to link the accounts. No Manage Accounts option.

After the upgrade, go to store and check for updates. There must be about 30-40 app updates pending. So make sure to finish all the updates, especially mail app and then go try adding your accounts. Linked inbox option is also available in the update as well as managing email accounts

Also check for any further OS updates

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again! Finally my Outlook email accounts now sync. But it took a long time after first adding them, as if Outlook needed time to upload all my messages from the email server. Now the sync is instantaneous. But still no linked Outlook accounts with build 10586 (latest production ring build). But I saw that this was intentional with this build, as there were problems with Outlook, and that an upcoming build will restore linked accounts.

Not understanding how to go to the store to check for and get updates, per your advice. The only way I know of getting build updates is in Settings, Update & security, then Phone update. There it allows for checking updates, and currently for 10586 there are no new updates. Is it possible to get new Outlook updates independent of installing a new build?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again! Finally my Outlook email accounts now sync. But it took a long time after first adding them, as if Outlook needed time to upload all my messages from the email server. Now the sync is instantaneous. But still no linked Outlook accounts with build 10586 (latest production ring build). But I saw that this was intentional with this build, as there were problems with Outlook, and that an upcoming build will restore linked accounts.

Not understanding how to go to the store to check for and get updates, per your advice. The only way I know of getting build updates is in Settings, Update & security, then Phone update. There it allows for checking updates, and currently for 10586 there are no new updates. Is it possible to get new Outlook updates independent of installing a new build?

go to all apps list, scroll down to store app. Open it and click the top left section to get to menu. Go to downloads and updates and click for check for updates for apps.
Linked inbox is available and has been for some time. When you have updated the mail app, open it and tap the 3 dots at the bottom right. You'll see manage accounts. go there ad you'll see link inboxes. You can set it up from there

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks much again! When I click "check for updates" in the Store app, I get the circle of dots rotating for a few seconds, but then nothing (screen remains blank) and the "check for updates" button returns to blue.

I'll try again over the next few days. Maybe their server has issues tonight.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks much again! When I click "check for updates" in the Store app, I get the circle of dots rotating for a few seconds, but then nothing (screen remains blank) and the "check for updates" button returns to blue.

I'll try again over the next few days. Maybe their server has issues tonight.

then it could mean your mail app is updated

Did you check the mail app for linked mailbox option?

RF8655

May 24, 2016
Visit site
then it could mean your mail app is updated

Did you check the mail app for linked mailbox option?

I just checked and linked mailbox option is now there. The app must have updated after doing the "check for updates". Thanks kindly again. You are the expert with windows phone!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just checked and linked mailbox option is now there. The app must have updated after doing the "check for updates". Thanks kindly again. You are the expert with windows phone!

I only have a windows phone so that's my area kind of though I still have a lot to learn

Glad to help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon