W10M Insider Preview 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

ssarma

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I am seeing a similar issue on my 950XL. I decided to reset it and not restore my backup. Been having issues installing skype since then. I keep getting 0x80240024 error code every time I try to download skype.
I deleted the stock skype app and tried a fresh install, but with the same error. Most of the other apps install without any issues. So here I am, on a Windows 10 devide without Microsoft's flagship comms app!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I am seeing a similar issue on my 950XL. I decided to reset it and not restore my backup. Been having issues installing skype since then. I keep getting 0x80240024 error code every time I try to download skype.
I deleted the stock skype app and tried a fresh install, but with the same error. Most of the other apps install without any issues. So here I am, on a Windows 10 devide without Microsoft's flagship comms app!

Did you looked for skype UWP preview instead of old?

RAGHUNATH BANERJEE

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site

My previous build have some problem so I can't connect to WIFI. Also after reset in setting ring option not opening. Can anyone help me to get this build?:asleep:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Store is not working for me either. L930.

Store not working on my W10 PC either. Same message. Must be under construction:)

Update: store on PC and 950XL, back up and running.

Last edited:

Pacific16

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Live images never worked for me since upgrading to Windows 10. Thought I'd be lucky with the Redstone build on L930.. but :(

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

I have had this build on my PC, Sp3 and phone since the release. Anyone else notice Cortana cannot save notes? Keeps asking me to try again later... it works on the phone but not on my PC ... workaround?

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site

I have noticed unless you lock your phone the screen doesn't time out sometimes, causing the phone to sit on the home screen when not in use. Battery life is about the same as before on this build. My Bluetooth (950XL) is still not connecting with my car. It intermittently stops working after connecting and will not connect until after a soft rest. Also text message drafts should be saved in the action center if you forget to finish them before the screen times out.

Changaizee

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

Better looking for some wifi free area and retry. I fear you'll never allowed downloadin entire o.s. without it

Thanks. but it seems that not only the store, but MSFT update servers were down too. i was able to download the update to 10586.107 and then 14361 on the same network, i have hey cortana working now, that was the thing i took all this hassle for, thanks for the tip though. :)

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I am on the slow ring, 1432.1004 build on my icon. This is my only phone. My store hasn't worked for a couple weeks. It starts to open and then closes immediately. I don't know any way to reinstall the store other than doing a hard reset or loading a newer build. Is the latest fast ring build stable enough that I should try upgrading to it given this is my only phone?

Thanks!

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

I am facing three issues on my L950XL (Dual-Sim USA on AT&T)

1) If I am playing Groove, pause the music and charge the phone (wireless or through a cable), Groove starts playing music without any user intervention about 40 minutes into the charging. Very frustrating and embarrassing, since I leave the phone on the charger at work and am in meetings and the music starts playing
2) Windows Hello is acting up, similar to how it was a few build back. When I press the power button, I get a black screen, the red light on the top goes on and then nothing happens. I have to recycle the power button again, and then use the pin.
3) The two issues above happen a lot. The third issue happened only once. I was listening to The Beatles (my purchased music on the SD card) when suddenly Groove paused. When I restarted it played the same songs in German. I looked at the screen and the title was in German, as well as the lyrics. Weird, but only happened once.
I have the same phone on the same carrier (AT&T).
1. I have never tested that scenario, but it's certainly odd (and embarrassing).
2. My Hello acts up rarely but my issue is different. I've had it happen two times where Hello recognizes me and right when the animation winks at me, it locked.
3. Did you try playing Du Hast and maybe it converts to English? :)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

So, Voice Recorder is again, gone!

Update: soft reset took care of it (of course, can't do a reset during a call - so you can record all the "promises" coming out of a salesman mouth).

Last edited:

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Anybody got problems downloading instagram? My one shows direct x not available :/

Me too. Just did a hard reset today and went back to the store to see that Instagram is not available :'( . Aside from that, everything is working fluidly for me.

And looks like they have pulled the newest Store update. I can no longer download it. Guess I have to live with the broken Store UI for quite some time.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I am on the slow ring, 1432.1004 build on my icon. This is my only phone. My store hasn't worked for a couple weeks. It starts to open and then closes immediately. I don't know any way to reinstall the store other than doing a hard reset or loading a newer build. Is the latest fast ring build stable enough that I should try upgrading to it given this is my only phone?

Thanks!

Today Store came back working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi