Hi there,
    i didnt use fast ring builds now for a while...now i am on the current redstone fast ring build, resettet my device but the Skype Video + Skype Message Integration in Message hub is gone.
    Is there something wrong on my device and not properly working or is it just "normal"?
    I read this https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3...sked-questions but they are talking only about the Desktop...while i dont care on Desktop cause there are several good Skype Clients (translator, uwp and so on) i care on mobile on loosing this while uwp is not really available

Thanks in advance for the answer
    Last edited by Wurstsalat; 06-10-2016 at 01:16 AM.
    06-10-2016 01:06 AM
    Hi there,
    i didnt use fast ring builds now for a while...now i am on the current redstone fast ring build, resettet my device but the Skype Video + Skype Message Integration in Message hub is gone.
    Is there something wrong on my device and not properly working or is it just "normal"?
    I read this https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3...sked-questions but they are talking only about the Desktop...while i dont care on Desktop cause there are several good Skype Clients (translator, uwp and so on) i care on mobile on loosing this while uwp is not really available

Thanks in advance for the answer
    yes, it's been removed for mobile too
    Wurstsalat likes this.
    06-10-2016 01:27 AM
    Thanks for the quick Response...so i have to go for the slow sh*ty Skype app until uwp is available :/ (even i liked the Integration :( )
    06-10-2016 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the quick Response...so i have to go for the slow sh*ty Skype app until uwp is available :/ (even i liked the Integration :( )
    well, there was a lot of "noise" about this decision with some saying good riddance and others arguing against it. It likely happened due to too much negative feedback over battery drain when we had the integration
    06-10-2016 02:02 AM
    Leaked universal app kinda looks promising. Hope it will be a better app than previous versions (so many).

Skype Preview for Windows 10 Mobile is awesome, and you can install yourself | Windows Central
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-10-2016 09:30 AM
    I also just updated to the latest Redstone build. I remembered reading that they were removing the integrated from Skype video. I have the current Skype app installed and contacts synced in my People app, but there is no longer an option on those contacts to call the Skype contact. Is that correct? The only option I have for my brother regarding video calls is to use Viber. Can this no longer be done without opening the Skype app itself?
    06-19-2016 07:01 AM
    I also just updated to the latest Redstone build. I remembered reading that they were removing the integrated from Skype video. I have the current Skype app installed and contacts synced in my People app, but there is no longer an option on those contacts to call the Skype contact. Is that correct? The only option I have for my brother regarding video calls is to use Viber. Can this no longer be done without opening the Skype app itself?
    Sure you can. With Skype Video, the app with videocamera icon. Remove old blue icon Skype.
    We'll get soon new UWP Skype
    06-19-2016 10:10 AM
    Sure you can. With Skype Video, the app with videocamera icon. Remove old blue icon Skype.
    We'll get soon new UWP Skype
    After performing a master reset with build 14367, the Skype Video app was removed. My understanding is that Microsoft pulled the integration with that app and the operating system in preparation for the future UWP Skype app back in March, but I've only recently started using the Redstone builds, so I'm not exactly sure when that change was implemented.

skype-messaging-app-integration-replaced-uwp
    06-20-2016 12:45 AM