Wallet 2.0 with NFC Tap to Pay is now rolling out to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring (US only)

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Tap 2 pay has been removed so many places in the U.S. The political climate around payments has been all about caution since Visa and Mastercard screwed all the retailers and made billions.
The fee reform didnt really work either.
The way it went down: Build a system with vulnerabilities, get people to use it. charge people who use it to cover for the thefts due to vulnerabilities. make billions. fix the system with chip cards, still make billions.
So when apple started apple pay, so many retailer took out the "tap to pay" machines. walmart, cvs, 7-eleven, etc. Now on top of making upto 2.5% on charges, apple will make another few percent, for what? convenience?
So blame apple for being greedy with apple pay and pushing people to remove the "free" tap to pay.
BRING. CASH. BACK.
There is a rant.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I seem to have the app on my 930, it says it's Wallet 2.0.16160.0, but I don't have the sign in shown in the WPC article nor do I see a way to add other than loyalty cards, no credit cards.

Is this just the old version that I never bothered with before? Or is it not working on the 930? (I'm in the Fast Ring).

Have a proper read of this thread, it says clearly 950XL 950 and 650.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pointless when there's battery any phones that work. The 640 and 640 XL are only a year old and aren't on the list

Sent from mTalk

Microsoft has been saying it's coming for about 4-5 years now. Crap the 920 was not even out when Microsoft SAID it was coming....Here they add it and blacklist about 98% of Windows Phone users...

Great Job Microsoft, find a way to screw over your loyal customers by finding the quickest way to add this feature to phones... A 4 year old Android phone can use Tap 2 Pay with ANY CARD but, a 2 year old Windows Phone cant ? It boggles the mind, it really does.

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, finally all updated to wallet 2.0 this morning on Lumia 950 and 14371 Insider In PA. on AT&T
BUT PNC card wont activate...

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
After no sign of the update yesterday.............
Got updated OneDrive last night, and Wallet 2.0 this morning :)

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
How did u update it, or did it automatically? Looking in store just shows old crappy app, for my att 950xl on latest redstone
Continued checking yesterday and last night. Then did a "Check for Updates" this morning in Downloads section of Store, and there it was...
Wasn't there until this morning. 950 on AT&T

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, finally all updated to wallet 2.0 this morning on Lumia 950 and 14371 Insider In PA. on AT&T
BUT PNC card wont activate...

Same here. I had to manually enter the numbers because it could not recognize them when it scanned (black card, and black numbers, so I don't fault the software. It recognized another card just fine). It did make a graphical representation of the card that matched what my card looks like (I have the Pittsburgh Pirates card), just like Apple pay did when I tried on an iPhone, but I get an error that it cannot verify. It says "Check your card details. If they're right, contact your card issuer." I will call PNC and see what they say. Maybe PNC isn't supported now (Microsoft says it isn't), but the fact it pulled in a graphical representation of the card makes me think it might not be far off. I will say I did have to call them when I tried to add the card on Apple pay as well, so maybe it is just part of their verification method.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Continued checking yesterday and last night. Then did a "Check for Updates" this morning in Downloads section of Store, and there it was...
Wasn't there until this morning. 950 on AT&T

Same thing for me. "Check for Updates" this morning and got a bunch.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Had a load of app updates this morning including Wallet 2.0 on my Lumia 930 running latest fast ring build. No working tap to pay function as im in the UK.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having issues GETTING the update? I'm in the US with a 950 XL updated to the latest Redstone build and it keeps saying there's no update. Is this rolling out gradually to users?

I just got the update this morning, been waiting for 2 days

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon