W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Jackson Ombati

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I can't open text messages right from the auction Centre. If I try, the app crashes and soft resetting doesn't work. Anybody else experiencing the above?

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I had massive batterydrain (30% during idle 7> hours) on my 950XL but appearantly some older 8.1 apps don't play nice with Redstone. Removed them (except WhatsApp) and replaced them with W10M alternatives. Battery sits at 98% after 4.5 hours of being idle. Apps were Nextgen Reader, Forecast and Chronos Calendar+.

So far, this build is reall, really good.

marinang

May 23, 2013
Visit site

anyone else having trouble with notifications? I don't get any notifications. Soft reset helps just for a while...

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Having issues with getting Hey Cortona with this build and my Icon.
I did a hard reset after updating to this build and ever since then Hey Cortona just says I need to turn Cortona on first.
Cortona is on from what I can tell as hitting Cortona app it shows all the data in the notebook like I had previously setup.
Any suggestions on that?
Hey Cortana's working ok on my ICON 929
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

So far, i've been using this build on my Lumia 640, no hard reset after installing, and i'm having a normal battery life, it's maybe equal to 10586.420. But it's snapier than 10586. And works truly great..

Kratarth

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I have app scaling issues in my Lumia 638. The apps' options hide under the navigation bar making it hard to do things.

euphos

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

Anyone else having a problem charging their phone with the 14379 (or 14376) build? I have a Lumia 830, and thought I noticed a problem trying to charge it when 14376 came out. But 14379 came so quick that I updated right away. Battery drain doesn't seem to be a problem, but trying to rechange is. I've tried resetting the phone (hard reset to defaults), and tried everything from the factory charger to a more powerful one. I have two batteries, and now both are drained to less than 10%. Just now changed to Airplane mode to see if that help to get the charge going.

Arslan_akhter09

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

facing the same problem. does anyone has any solution? tried hard reset, Its been there since the last 3 builds

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Having issues with getting Hey Cortona with this build and my Icon.
I did a hard reset after updating to this build and ever since then Hey Cortona just says I need to turn Cortona on first.
Cortona is on from what I can tell as hitting Cortona app it shows all the data in the notebook like I had previously setup.
Any suggestions on that?

Best bet is to:
1. Use WDRT and downgrade to WP8
2. Setup Hey Cortana
3. Update to W10M

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but it is the only thing that worked for my Icon. Hey Cortana is working fine and Bluetooth with my vehicle has been more reliable.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 640 now my store wont open, My wife's 640xl no notification for messenger and can not assign ringtones to messenger.

euphos

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

Okay, Airplane mode didn't seem to help, but just tried my Samsung Qi charger, and that seems to be doing the trick. When from 10% to 35% in the last hour or so on the Qi plate.

Still, why are the wall chargers not charging the phone/battery?

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I have problems as well. But restarting the phone while it's plugged in does the trick for me.

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Can't send text message from PC using build 14379 via mobile running same build

Intermittently notifications/live tiles out of sync

Still got a 'stuck' calendar task notification displayed on lock screen from 10 days ago

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Can't send text message from PC using build 14379 via mobile running same build

Intermittently notifications/live tiles out of sync

Still got a 'stuck' calendar task notification displayed on lock screen from 10 days ago

Read news, Messages everywhere was removed and delayed to enter in the next Skype UWP

Calendar, unpin, re-pin, soft reset

Himalay Chauhan

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Not receiving notifications from WhatsApp and native Text Messaging app.
One more issue I'm facing is..related to Brightness Mode

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there facing the same issue...

Set your Screen Timeout after 1 minute then just leave the phone as it is don't do anything for next one minute and see if Brightness gets increased to High or not before screen goes off.

I'm having this issue since past many builds.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Not receiving notifications from WhatsApp and native Text Messaging app.
One more issue I'm facing is..related to Brightness Mode

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there facing the same issue...

Set your Screen Timeout after 1 minute then just leave the phone as it is don't do anything for next one minute and see if Brightness gets increased to High or not before screen goes off.

I'm having this issue since past many builds.

Try a soft reset, usually it works on notifications

e94mli

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I can't open text messages right from the auction Centre. If I try, the app crashes and soft resetting doesn't work. Anybody else experiencing the above?
Seeing the same thing on my 950xl DS. It does seem to mess up the whole phone, nothing works after trying to open a text from the action center and only way to fix it to reboot.

I'm also seeing the issues with notifications that some people mentioned. No text notifications what so ever. Tried changing power settings and notifications settings but nothing seems to help. I did get one notification after reboot though so it isn't completely consistent.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

The camera app on my 640 is broken. It won't save pictures. I tried saving to phone and not to SD but it still didn't work. Other lenses and apps can take pictures like office lens, lumia selfie and WhatsApp (when I choose camera from the attachment menu)

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

slightly besides the topic. upgraded from my L930 to the L950XL DS yesterday as my work phone .
this build on the L930 drained the battery like anything along with heating up the device like an oven however so far the battery life has been good on the L950XL DS (with one sim in the phone).
Besides the regular work use ( phone , email, whatsapp etc) i am noticing significant battery drain on the device when its kept idle. around 15-20% battery drain. have done a soft reset as well for the same. any solutions?
another thing thats slightly buggy is the keyboard, specially in whats app and mail / outlook there are constant stutters and jitters while using the keyboard in these apps . not too sure if its an issue with the app or the build but noticing this since the previous two builds .

terryw64

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Had the same issue with brightness. Screen would dim and never recover, unless I locked the phone and went back in. Then the problem would reoccur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon