Anybody Else Using Messaging Everywhere In Skype Preview?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
How's it working for u?

For the most part it works ok sometime there's a delay getting them on my tablet.

Couple minor bugs I've been seeing.... sometimes I get the toast notifications on my pc and some contacts let me reply from the toast and other contacts won't let me reply from the toast. I believe it has to do with if the contacts phone number is linked with their Skype info it won't let u reply from the toast notifications

Otherwise it works ok

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Tried using Skype for SMS a few weeks ago but it was not up to par (delays, messages disappearing, etc.).

Excited for it to get cleaned up, though. I really liked messaging everywhere back in the RS1 previews before they decided to integrate it with Skype.

How is the mobile app now? It was borderline usable at best for SMS last I tried.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Tried using Skype for SMS a few weeks ago but it was not up to par (delays, messages disappearing, etc.).

Excited for it to get cleaned up, though. I really liked messaging everywhere back in the RS1 previews before they decided to integrate it with Skype.

How is the mobile app now? It was borderline usable at best for SMS last I tried.
its about the same a few updates to it but still some of the same issues u had

Sent from mTalk

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm back to the regular messaging app after trying it out on Skype preview for a couple of days. I noticed significant lag when opening Skype and when opening specific threads/messages.

My other big complaint is the contact name wouldn't display all the time, sometimes a message would only show up under the contact's phone number. This happened randomly. I would open Skype one time and Joe Smith's name would show up with the thread containing our conversation. The next time I'd open skype and the Joe Smith thread would only show his phone number. Alternatively, the Joe Smith thread would display his name, but a different thread from a group text that also included Joe Smith would only display phone numbers. There appeared to be no rhyme or reason to when/why this would happen.

Skype for SMS messages just looks really unpolished right now.

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm back to the regular messaging app after trying it out on Skype preview for a couple of days. I noticed significant lag when opening Skype and when opening specific threads/messages.

My other big complaint is the contact name wouldn't display all the time, sometimes a message would only show up under the contact's phone number. This happened randomly. I would open Skype one time and Joe Smith's name would show up with the thread containing our conversation. The next time I'd open skype and the Joe Smith thread would only show his phone number. Alternatively, the Joe Smith thread would display his name, but a different thread from a group text that also included Joe Smith would only display phone numbers. There appeared to be no rhyme or reason to when/why this would happen.

Skype for SMS messages just looks really unpolished right now.

Also had these exact things happen when I tried it. Very unfortunate that the preview is the only option for using Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99