08-18-2015 05:38 PM
62 123
tools
    It should typically show up after you receive your first text message, just like other apps will as soon as they first send you a toast notification. Did you just do a hard reset and not receive any text messages yet, by chance?
    Just checked, an incoming message doesn't even appear on the notification pane. And has no sound :(
    08-16-2015 10:56 AM
    Just checked, an incoming message doesn't even appear on the notification pane. And has no sound :(
    I would do a hard reset then, even if you already did one before. Also report the problem using Windows Feedback.
    juanitoriv likes this.
    08-16-2015 01:38 PM
    My biggest disappointment is that it seems that after all this time they still haven't included location-based profiles, or even added an API so an app can set my phone to turn off the ringer and switch to vibrate when I leave my house. This is such utterly basic functionality that it boggles my mind they can't get around to it.
    08-16-2015 11:35 PM
    This build is totally unusable on my phone. I can't believe that after all this time, I have to still deal with the constantly resuming start screen.
    08-17-2015 07:05 AM
    My biggest disappointment is that it seems that after all this time they still haven't included location-based profiles, or even added an API so an app can set my phone to turn off the ringer and switch to vibrate when I leave my house. This is such utterly basic functionality that it boggles my mind they can't get around to it.
    Please name a phone that comes with this "basic functionality" out of the box.
    anon(5383410) likes this.
    08-17-2015 12:50 PM
    The OnePlus One would have it as it is part of Cyanogenmod. But any Android phone can do it if you install Llama, don't need to be rooted or anything like that. I also had this on my webOS phones, Symbian could do it, I think iPhones can do it, the old Windows Mobile had it, etc. In Windows Phone it's not possible even to write a third-party app since they don't provide an API to change the settings.
    08-17-2015 08:22 PM
    The OnePlus One would have it as it is part of Cyanogenmod. But any Android phone can do it if you install Llama, don't need to be rooted or anything like that. I also had this on my webOS phones, Symbian could do it, I think iPhones can do it, the old Windows Mobile had it, etc. In Windows Phone it's not possible even to write a third-party app since they don't provide an API to change the settings.
    No, I've never had a Symbian phone to have it out of the box. Nor does iPhone. Installing llama isn't an out of box experience. Windows mobile did not have it either, and I still have my Windows mobile phone.

I can't say if cyanogenmod would have it, as it is a basic version of Android without the boat ware.
    08-17-2015 08:39 PM
    I didn't think I claimed that Symbian or iPhone could do it without an app, maybe I didn't write it very clearly. I don't see why that matters, though. It's a smartphone, the whole point is that you can use apps to extend the functionality. Llama is in the Google Play store so it's not some exotic, complex thing. I just wish Windows would expose some of the necessary OS hooks to make an app like this possible. There's no reason not to do it other than lack of effort.
    08-17-2015 10:25 PM
    I would do a hard reset then, even if you already did one before. Also report the problem using Windows Feedback.
    I did another reset. Still no sound from messages :(
    08-18-2015 01:07 PM
    Hi gang. I've had a read through this thread and there are some great ideas. There are also a few dissenters.

The insider program is a great system, giving users, not just some group in an office, a chance to have their say in the real world. From what I have seen, and correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't these issues with WM10 insider, be down to the fact that it is not device specific?? Some seem to get all of the functions, some are missing some. Maybe it's just a raw release this time, especially after 10166, which worked great, but never had hey cortana. This latest one doesn't have glance...Maybe that's why people are getting different experiences.

Does seem a bit of a step back from10166....
    08-18-2015 05:08 PM
    to ad some things to that list: in the recent call list there is no longer a "search contacts" option if the person you're looking should not be in that list - so you'll have to leave the app, go into contacts, find the person, swipe right and then click call;
    This is incorrect. There is a "people" icon right next to the voicemail icon at the bottom of the recent call list. If you tap that it allows you to search your contacts.
    08-18-2015 05:35 PM
    Please name a phone that comes with this "basic functionality" out of the box.
    Seriously. Not only is he complaining about a feature that is the complete opposite of "basic", the fact that it's not included in beta software is his "biggest disappointment" that's apparently boggling his mind. Eh yeah...
    floppyedonkey and gpobernardo like this.
    08-18-2015 05:38 PM
62 123