12-11-2015 12:25 PM
101 12345
tools
    I adore windows 10 mobile.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 03:04 AM
    very happy 1020 user with w10m here too, bests 8.1 now for me with the prior issues i had. bring on RTM!
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 05:18 AM
    Windows 10 on my Lumia 920 is awesome. I love all the changes they made from the start screen, to the smallest changes. It fills fluid, smooth and modern.

But there is some room for changes they need to fix some UI/UX inconsistencies, like the way hamburger works.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 05:37 AM
    Beyond the horrendous pop-out menus and the bugs, I'm pretty much fine with it. I find it strange that they don't have the image on the lockscreen move when unllocking the phone, only the text. But really, it's basically fine. Having the flashlight on my action center is nice. The Xbox app tops the SmartGlass one. The new search and browser are a bit buggy and can be a bother, but I assume they'll be better by the final release.

For the most part, it's just there. I don't use much for apps, so I can't say W10M has done anything to improve app availability. I'm mostly disappointed in the lack of information with the platform's availability, be it software (Astoria/Islandwood/etc.) or hardware (Lumias in U.S.).
    11-12-2015 08:03 AM
    Nah, not that I dont like it, in fact, I really like where they are going with W10m... I am using it on my 929/ICON, I would upgrade to a 950XL, if Verizon would get it..

Right now, my only dislikes are the bugs. As we are in a preview/beta, there are a few annoying bugs, I am sure they will be adressed but, at this point that is my ONLY dislike (and battery life but, again, beta/preview). Some little querky things here and there but nothing major that really bothers me.

Just hope Universal apps solve the app gap, at least a little. As with W10m, feature for feature, it's matches up with Android and iOS devices (SUPPORTED FEATURES), if not more (950/950XL), the largest complaint is the app gap....
    11-12-2015 08:14 AM
    I've noticed how well this current build has been on my Lumia 635 backup phone. Just waiting for the official release on my Lumia 640 XL.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 08:14 AM
    I love the camera on my 1020, Hows it running.
    11-12-2015 08:59 AM
    It might not be among the first devices and gets added soon after or it's not complete. Hopefully it's either of the 2. The Icon isn't listed either and sometimes it's separated from the 930. But there's always the Insider program for builds...

Oh I believe there will be a second wave of OTA to legacy devices that are a bit older and have 8GB+ internal and 1GB+ RAM. But I'm also realistic and note it has not been promised. Thus I have my alternate plan.

I would love nothing more that to have Official 10 on my 1520.3.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 09:03 AM
    I like it a lot too, definitely heading in the right direction and I am using it (on L930) as my daily driver now... with some minor issues.

A bug that only started yesterday morning was that I cancelled my alarm in the normal way when it sounded, but it then immediately popped up again and carried on with the alarm sound, so i had to cancel it again. It did it again this morning, so bugs are not always apparent straight away. A soft reset did not resolve this issue as I already did that to try and cure an altogether more serious issue yesterday (and ongoing) whereby I have no data throughput over 3G/4G, but this may not be anything to do with Windows 10 - still looking into it at the moment.
    11-12-2015 09:28 AM
    Thoughts?
    Maybe another time. I decided I don't want to spoil the mood here ;-)
    salazka likes this.
    11-12-2015 09:36 AM
    the current build is definitely faster than wp 8.1 on my 730 :)
    jonaths1204 likes this.
    11-12-2015 11:03 AM
    Maybe another time. I decided I don't want to spoil the mood here ;-)
    Naw, we won't spoil any moods!

Every piece of software has its growing pains and will have bugs and annoyances. There are a few bugs that need to be addressed that make w10m a pain sometimes. The big one for me is that if I open a notification through the action center and app is that the one in focus already, it will just sit on Resuming. Kills me every time I do it.

I still think the general performance with the current build is on par or better with 8.1, and I'll stick to that even if I have to do the benchmarking myself.
    a5cent likes this.
    11-12-2015 12:48 PM
    Really like W10M on my 930 build 581 runs smoothhh, i got rid of an Android phone now that W10M is shapping up.

Although i really hope many companies/developers hop on the W10(M) boat and update their apps for us to enjoy on our devices. I need to be honest i jump from platforms quitte often but Windows Phone/Mobile is what i like and need, however in some instances would like to have more apps i need, not really an app gap but still my main bank does not have an app yet.. but recently i decided that my platform of choice is my choice if my current bank does not develop an app i will switch... my bank simple as that!
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:05 PM
    On my 640XL, latest 2 builds are pretty much good. No issues noted in normal use / normal gaming.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the refresh!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:54 PM
    On my lumia 830 I actually got loading/resuming on 8.1 often enough. I don't get that any more on the latest build. Even if i swap tasks while doing something heavy like playing a game.

Things like opening store or other stuff that relies on the internet connection more than anything is highly variable. You're opening different stores, different apps, it's not really something you can easily compare. Users are also not likely to notice a second or two difference depending on what they see on their screen.

And of course there's also the question of how much is running in the background just for the sake of collecting data for performance review. We know insiders do send data back to MS, it's part of the insider clause, and I doubt RTM will have that as it may affect performance. Optimization is probably being built around the newer phones while fixes will be released throughout for a better environment on older models once things have been ironed out.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:55 PM
    I thought there was a post yesterday from Daniel saying "on the eve of the Windows 10 release for Windows Phone..." Is the official release coming? I'd rather wait for that than deal with the preview builds...
    11-12-2015 02:10 PM
    I thought there was a post yesterday from Daniel saying "on the eve of the Windows 10 release for Windows Phone..." Is the official release coming? I'd rather wait for that than deal with the preview builds...
    Today is the rumored day for the RTM (Release to Manufacturers).

There will be delay between that and any OTA rollout. Typically the dedicated devices have to be on sale in stores for a bit before any legacy models see the upgrade.

I'm guessing by Friday December 11 we might start seeing some rollout... Just a guess.
    11-12-2015 02:23 PM
    Just keep every feature from 8.1 (linked inbox, rooms, version number and last updated in store, etc.) and fix the new lock screen animation, and it'll be perfect for me.
    11-12-2015 06:23 PM
    Just keep every feature from 8.1 (linked inbox, rooms, version number and last updated in store, etc.) and fix the new lock screen animation, and it'll be perfect for me.
    Everyone keeps talking about this linked inbox problem, I have no issue setting up multiple accounts in the mail app. Can someone explain this to me?
    11-12-2015 08:26 PM
    Everyone keeps talking about this linked inbox problem, I have no issue setting up multiple accounts in the mail app. Can someone explain this to me?
    Outlook in W10M keeps inboxes separate. Linking inboxes in WP8 allows you to join multiple inboxes together.

Let's say you have three different email accounts, and three separate inboxes. By linking these accounts you would only have to check a single inbox instead of shuffling three of them.

It would actually be a time saver on the new Outlook app, as it does take more time in general to get tasks done (at least it does for me).
    11-12-2015 11:46 PM
    Same here. 640 and it runs great.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    11-13-2015 12:14 AM
    Outlook in W10M keeps inboxes separate. Linking inboxes in WP8 allows you to join multiple inboxes together.

Let's say you have three different email accounts, and three separate inboxes. By linking these accounts you would only have to check a single inbox instead of shuffling three of them.

It would actually be a time saver on the new Outlook app, as it does take more time in general to get tasks done (at least it does for me).
    I guess I never linked like that, I just linked using outlook.com and all my mail goes to one inbox. Maybe do that?
    11-13-2015 02:17 AM
    He is talking about Windows 10 MOBILE.
    11-13-2015 05:30 AM
    Lol!!

There is SO much negativity surrounding W10M, isn't it about time we actually had something positive. The majority of the boards are full or nay-sayers and detractors, and to be honest, as a BiPolar sufferer, it's gonna send me into a massive downer ( yeah, like I'd let it bother me that much ).

So, what positives do you guys and gals have regarding this... It can't all be doom and gloom. Don't forget, unlike some OS's and big manufacturers, MSFT haven't dropped some older devices like a stone.

What do I think? I'm running the latest TP on my 1320 and to be honest, it's alright. Yes I had issues, but I got there in the end. Maybe, for continuity across the W10 environment, a start menu like the PC version, ie something like an app drawer, rather than swiping left. But WM has always been about the tile system, and to be honest, it just works, so leave it alone.

So, Roll on RTM, and watch the boards fill with more doom and gloom and the old chestnut of WM is dead.... We could do with a bit of optimism, not pessimism!

Over to you.....
    finaly someone has enough of this WP is dead talk... I think that what is going on now is exactly the same proces every other OS face during development, but MSFT at least let us peek into their kitchen and actually help with it. I think that insider system where we WP fans, basicly build OS for MSFT is briliant, just as the OS itself is. And MSFT themselves said that they are building W10M for its core audience and for bussines. And with these, they cant fail (This fear about future of WP is proof that fanboys still love their OS and for bussines, WP is most SECURE and productive and with W10M it will be even better), so I think MSFT wont give up on WP just because of market share. I doubt that they will ever catch up with iOS or android, but with all this inovation like continuum and fact that they are the first who actually manage to deliver common OS for all devices... And they are first in this new deviceless trend (that all other systems will eventualy have to adopt) where all devices are just WINDOWS :D into one, basicly cloud OS and people themselves are what metters not devices, has a great potential. So I have no doubts that MSFT will continue with Windows Mobile as they are definetly going to continue with one Windows ecosystem, market share will grow eventualy and they will deliver some prety cool devices (along with other OEMs). Future isnt that doom and gloom as everyone think it is :) (btw sorry for my english iam from czech republic :) and i definetly know how you feel about all this negative crap since i have OCD for a change, specifically this "just right" kind, so i also doesnt take all this "WP is horrible OS" talking well :). So good luck and keep this positive attitude
    jkreisberg22 and Mad Cabbie like this.
    11-13-2015 05:32 AM
101 12345