Im working in Mobile Device Management and have to Blacklist\Whitelist Apps for Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile. Since W10 Release the Windows store seems to have been updated. The app guid is no longer part of the url. Just some generic value like this: microsoft.com/de-de/store/apps/dropbox/9wzdncrfj0pk

All the documentation you can find on the Internet is that you will find the guid in the url, which was true till old windowsphone.com Site was Closed.

Does Anyone know how to find the guid of an App now?

Thanks for your Answers.
    12-08-2015 03:36 AM
    We use whitelisting and I'll try and get an answer for you. I know the move to Windows 10 Mobile changed many of the apps, as they are now universal apps, so you need to pick the right app from the Store to work.

There is one big problem though. The Settings menu ends up being disabled, and there is no app to whitelist so you can't whitelist it. So whitelisting is actually broken at the moment.

In the corporate environment, this effectively means Windows 10 Mobile cannot be used and we will have to stick with 8.1 until MS sort this out. As Windows Mobile is largely aimed at the corporate market, this seems like a disaster for MS.

There as a minor update a couple of days ago, and we are just about to try that to see if it has fixed it - but I'm not optimistic.
    12-09-2015 03:33 AM
    I asked, and the response I got was

'They do not say what MDM they are using but, in SCCM you use the full URL. They changed SCCM so you could add a specific setting for whitelisting apps and this just uses the full universal store url.
    I would suggest if they are not using SCCM perhaps they need to go back to their vendor for an update to the software as I don't think you can get the GUID anymore?'

Does that help?
    12-09-2015 03:47 AM