WM10 - How to remove empty App?

Fred Shumacher

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi There.
Using Lumia 950XL that was restored from WP 8.1 backup during "build-up".

I have a broken, non-existing application icon on the application list that will not be removed with "Remove app" functionality. Pinned tile says the physical path to the file...

wp_ss_20151210_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20151210_0002.png

Opening this App just results a black screen.

The App is an old version from Windows Phone 8.1 ("Lumia ohje + vinkit") and there is same same newer version.

How to get rid of this App?

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try going into Settings->System->Storage and tapping on your app storage location ("This Device", or "SD Card") and remove the app from there when you look at the "Apps and games" section.

Fred Shumacher

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, this issue has been escalated to Microsoft's helpDesk and with some luck they will escalate this to proper peers for resolving.. Soft-Reset (start the phone by pressing power-button for about 10 sec for 2nd vibration) did not work either. Was a long and intriguing conversation with one friendly and extremely nice women (for listening my ranting.. :))

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell step by step because changing region and back does nothing for me ?
wpss2115121100011.png

The facebook one happend when I installed new version of the app, which was later removed due to so many bugs, Installing the old version simply installed a new copy and I couldn't delete the other one which is now blank..

I have another case with TuneIn app, which I wanted to delete because of constant crashing.. And it is now blank, and can't reinstall.. Both apps are now not compatible with the device anymore . I'm gonna throw a H-bomb on microsoft for bugs like this :confused:

KamiForce

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Also had a few 'double apps' after restoring from backup.
Changing region didn't help. I fixed it by:
working app -> hold -> remove;
click the greyed app -> store opens -> 'app is installed'
turn off phone
turn on phone
open greyed out app; install
Double icon is gone

Andraz Podjaversek

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Also had a few 'double apps' after restoring from backup.
Changing region didn't help. I fixed it by:
working app -> hold -> remove;
click the greyed app -> store opens -> 'app is installed'
turn off phone
turn on phone
open greyed out app; install
Double icon is gone

Will try this out if it happens again. I gave up and made a hard reset because od TuneIn lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon