Deleted photos showing in apps - Lumia 950

CaseyJones77

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I did a quick search but couldn't find anyone having the same issue as I've noticed.

I've deleted some photos from the main Photos app and they then do not show in the gallery at all.

However, when I go to an app like 6tag or Whatsapp, the deleted photos show in the list of photos I can choose to post/share. I obviously don't want them to show as they've been deleted for a reason.

Not a major issue obviously but it's a little annoying. Anyone had a similar problem and know how to fix it?

I'm probably missing something very obvious and if anyone can steer me in the right direction, it'd be really appreciated. The is my first Windows phone and although I've found it very easy to navigate so far...this is the only thing that's got me stumped!

Cheers,
Rob

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
2 things you can try:

1) launch the photos app and tap the refresh icon in the bottom right of the screen. Wait until it stops spinning.
2) Launch the storage app, tap on the storage you want to clean (either sd card or internal memory, depending on where your photos were saved at), scroll down a bit and check if temporary files has a value > 0. If so, tap on it and in case the top option (temporary files) is indeed larger than 0 bytes, use the button below it to clear it. This should remove any cached images.

Usually the first option will fix it.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the Photos I deleted from the Photos app, show up a few minutes later. It's not just a glitch either, because I can still share them.

There's a corruption going on somewhere.

CaseyJones77

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Good thinking...but I did just check OneDrive and none of the deleted photos are showing in there.

My photos are set to save to a SD card but I can't find the deleted ones being stored anywhere, though they must be. I'll keep looking in case they're being saved somewhere else somehow and then showing up as something I can share when I'm within an app.

CaseyJones77

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions - I've tried the refresh icon but that hasn't stopped them appearing in other apps.

Also tried looking at the storage app but the temporary files is showing as 0 bytes, so doesn't appear to be the issue either.

I have now noticed 6tag isn't showing any deleted images but the TBlog app is (along with all my music artwork, saved from Spotify). Maybe it's more of an issue with the TBlog app specifically?

zimilaci

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on 950XL

in addition to that after I deleted some pictures I press the refresh, some pictures are appearing again, and the live title gets only updated a few minutes later.
As for whatsapp... yes... they are sometimes still there, but I am still not sure if its a whatsapp or windows problem :)

but sometimes the new pictures are not showing in some apps which are running in the background... like whatsapp... so I am assuming its not really a multitasking after all...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes they are. I suspect this may be the common issue with all of us.

Thought so. I had the same issue on my 1520 running WM10. In the end I wasn't able to delete anything from the sd card. Only seconds after I deleted something the files appeared again. Now I can't even format the card, not even in my Surface. It's completely broken. And it was less than a year old.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
So are we thinking it's a SD card issue? (My settings are such that any new photos are sent to the SD card.)

It's at least a possible, not even unlikely explanation. You can easily check for yourself. Just remove the SD card and see if the problem persists.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Damn! That is scary. I'm at the point where I. Should format my sd card and do a hard reset. It's a 128GB card but it starts giving trouble around 70-80GB capacity. Apps start crashing and acting weird, corruptions occur and scans remove just about 10GB of stuff. Apparently, the last 30GB aren't parsing.

Thought so. I had the same issue on my 1520 running WM10. In the end I wasn't able to delete anything from the sd card. Only seconds after I deleted something the files appeared again. Now I can't even format the card, not even in my Surface. It's completely broken. And it was less than a year old.

Devdutt Parikh

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey, so I face a similar problem. The method that dKp1977 suggested about clearing cache does not work.
This is because apps like whatsapp, camera360 are still made for win 8.1, somehow they reference the photos from container for win 8.1.
When you take some photos, they get saved to this win 8.1 photo container and deleting photos from photo apps does not clear them from the win 8.1 photo container. Its really frustrating. If you download camera 360 sight, you will notice quite a few of your old deleted photos, you can even edit them via the app.

Did you know if you connect your phone to your pc and drop a shortcut to C: to the phone, open your phone file explorer, you will notice Shortcut to C: there. click it and you are in your phone C Drive, I tried to search for the apps here in every folder to find these photos, did a .jpg search.. but to no avail.

The only way to clean this is to reset your phone now and then, and wait until all apps are upgraded to win 10.

Vtectan

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
lumia 950 - same problem..no SD card.....after I delete photos from camera roll , when I use WhatsApp , Viber and want to attach photo...I still can see deleted pictures...cleaned TEMPORARY ,soft reset but the BUG is still here :(

tcprodigy

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Only began recently. Photos either reappear after a while or still show in apps like whatsapp, instagram etc.
It seems the only way to get rid of them permanently is to delete them from the file explorer. I've done this and they do not come back. Sucks that the photos app is useless for deleting phots though. MS needs to fix this. It's embarrassing!
-Lumia 950

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2