The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-07-2016 03:52 AM
55 123
tools
    I am working for a company that is a MSFT partner and every employee has an iPhone except for 1 android user, and 3 Windows Phone users.
    I work for a Microsoft partner as well. The phone lineup among our full time employees is similar to yours, except switching Android and iPhone. I think we have 2 Windows Phones, 1 iPhone, and the rest use Android.

Basically it comes down to missing functionality. We had a number of WP users who switched to Android recently because of that. That is why you see mostly iPhones and high end Androids in the professional realm.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    12-18-2015 03:33 PM
    I ended up just returning my Lumia 950 XL. The $800+ with Microsoft's warranty I could no longer justify for such a crappy user experience. I ended up replacing my cracked screen for my Lumia 1520. I'll use this phone until it stops working. $75.00 for a new screen was such a bargain to continue subjecting myself to such a crappy user experience anyways. The thing is, I still love Windows OS (I don't know why). Spending nearly a $1,000 dollars on a flagship phone that is just "okay" in terms of software just seemed insane to me. The more I used it the more annoyed I become with my purchase and had nothing but regrets. I've had Windows OS installed phones since 6.1 days, this is the very first phone I've ever returned. My wife who calls me a fanboy all the time was in absolute shock that I returned the phone and continued to use one that is coming up on two years old.
    theefman, xandros9 and Kram Sacul like this.
    12-21-2015 07:29 PM
    My experience with Windows 10 Mobile on my 1520.3 and 950 has been excellent. I'm a pro-.net solutions developer for a large national bank and a long time fan of Microsoft devices since the Windows smartphone platform in 2002, have owned every Surface since inception (even the original RT and original pro), but I also develop with Xamarin, because if you want to be successful these days, you have to listen to what people want.

I think this is where mobile division blue-badges could improve. I'm a deep techie and a strong proponent of what the x86 platform delivers on cisc; low-power x86 Windows phones with continuum gives me wet dreams. The thing is that as soon as I strike up a moderately techie conversation with my mostly non-techie family, female companions :), and academic affiliates, the trend I read from them is that everyone is willing to give the 950/Windows Mobile a shot, but no one wants a work in progress - meaning, they're not willing to abandon their household applications, regardless of how good Windows Mobile alternatives get. They won't use Microsoft Maps, our Facebook app, our Instagram, and Edge - even though these apps are excellent, they don't want any change to their core productivity apps.

Just my opinion (I know I'm just a faint voice among the millions), but piracy aside, Astoria (in it's current form) really could be the catalyst that Microsoft needs to jumpstart it's competitive positioning among the majority crowd. Work through the implementation challenges - perhaps market a superior user experience with Windows native apps over Astoria emulated apps while app devs catch up, but for the time being, I think that if these majority users see the Amazon app store (or even the Play store, as unlikely as that is) pinned front and center of their spectacular Lumia 950, they'll feel at ease.
    Last edited by dev_sec; 12-22-2015 at 05:53 AM.
    DBrandUSA likes this.
    12-22-2015 05:20 AM
    The apps from Microsoft for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile are being updated at a rate that is unprecedented. I get updates several times per week now. Usually once a week or more just on Office apps. I can guarantee that the Android and iOS versions aren't getting that much love.
    Office apps on Android get updated regularly as well. I checked a few of them, and OneNote currently has gone the longest with its last update on December 7. Obvious neglect!

Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook have all been updated on December 10 or later.
    Nice to know Microsoft is doing their job as a software company, then. I never meant that Microsoft was trying to slight the other OSes, only that at long last Microsoft is finally giving some love to its own platform.
    Just FYI, since this "conversation" on December 18, 2015, Excel and Word on Android have received 2 updates! I don't know about the other Office apps; I only use these two.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-04-2016 10:26 AM
    You said in your post that microsoft is not selling out its productes or advantages it just puts them in more markets.I ask you does google or even worst apple do that?Simple question how many apps do you have at the store from google or apple?
    01-07-2016 03:52 AM
55 123